river city diesel - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 05:42 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
river city diesel

Ok so i got river city diesel injectors, had them put in professionally! ever since my truck has ran like CRAP!!!!! first it was over fueling so they sent me new one. it has had this weird lope idle-ish thing happening. it even lopes on deceleration! i spent 3 hours at a very reputable shop today with the computer hooked up doing a power balance tests, ficm test, tested ipc and ipr, tested fuel pressure, everything is good except on the power balance test it freaks out on decaleration. the truck cuts out when warm at idle! Please correct me if i'm wrong but it sound like bad injectors to me!?!?!?!?!?!?!? BEWARE OF RIVER CITY DIESEL!!!!!!!!!! I will post a vid of how it runs after river city sees it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2012, 05:46 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
What size injectors?? Have you tried updating your tune??
Old 02-22-2012, 05:51 PM

i have 3 tunes from rcd and 3 tunes from vivian and 3 sct tunes and they all run the exact same besides the rcd lope tune which runs abosolutly like crap!
Old 02-22-2012, 05:52 PM

injectors are 155cc
Old 02-22-2012, 05:56 PM

the truck is a late 04 has 83k on it, powermaxx, egr delete, new cam and crank sensors, s&b intake, zoodad, air dog 2
Old 02-22-2012, 06:54 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

this may be a little off subject but it somewhat ties it with this odd situation. so here is the situation, i work for cummins, we have an older school bus come in for missing when putting into gear and at random times, well we diagnose for a failed vp44, so we put a new one in and same thing occurs... try all sorts of things, we ran this engine with the entire oem harness unhooked and still suffered from same symptoms, we put a new engine harness on and same issue... at this point there is alot of heads in the game on this issue, and somehow i get brought into the mix, and we decide to pull the tranny back to make sure the torque converter isnt messing up and causing this issue and come up with nothing, we decide to have the tranny dynoed to be sure we have no issues in the tranny we arent seeing, so while the tranny is out to be dynoed i am at my wits with this bus and i have made a vow to fix this thing, so i convinced one of the suits in the office to let me put a set of factory injectors in it ( i knew the bus barn put a set of sticks in it that were 245 horse injectors, which is a common practice for vp44 isb busses to get some extra power..stock was 195 horse.) they bought these sticks from a local injection shop which said that the issue we was having the oversized injectors wouldnt cause... well i went against that and put stocks back in this bus today and fired it up and the issue is gone... now i dont know if they just bought a poor set of built injectors or what but something wasnt right and its obvious it was the injectors... at this point i am very leary on injectors being built by a non reputable builder... not saying river city diesel isnt a good dealer but it may be something to not be ruled out. i realize my situation isnt with a 6.0 but with a cummins 5.9 but in a sense its somewhat of the same issue.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:30 PM

EVERYBODY i talk to with river city injectors has the exact same story! i dont care if it costs me 5 grand i'm going to make sure river city diesel never sells another junk injector again! it is causing overfueling in my truck and that creates cylinder wash and ruins rings of i'm not mistaken.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:31 PM

what compant is very good with larger injectors? i am in the market for new ones!
Old 02-22-2012, 07:36 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f250ghost Send a message via MSN to f250ghost Send a message via Yahoo to f250ghost
HAHA...I'm sure a few guys around here could attest to my fiasco I had with them...
Old 02-22-2012, 08:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbaer View Post
what compant is very good with larger injectors? i am in the market for new ones!
Ryan Casserly at Full Force Diesel, i have no personal expeirence with him but have heard nothing but great reviews
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.