EGR Delete - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 11:49 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to FastFocus
EGR Delete

I have not installed an EGR cooler delete kit on my truck yet and it is next on my list to do, i'll probably be ordering one in the next week or two. My question is who has the best kit?

I really like the design of the Liberator kit, however it's priced kind of high. And i'm really liking the elite diesel kit. What are the differences between them all, and which is better and why? I will tell you the Elite one comes with a plug that replaces the EGR solenoid which i like.

thanks in advance for everyone's help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2012, 12:27 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
It has been proven that not leaving the EGR valve still electrically connected effects the the ability of the fan clutch to reach 100% lock up. This may not be an issue with a lot of vehicles that aren't worked hard but it is when your pushing your truck to the max. You would think tuners out there would have a fix for this by now.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:26 PM

well i guess i'll be keeping the EGR solenoid, regardless i think i'm going with Elite, it looks the best put together for the price.

unless someone else has any other opinions?
Old 02-23-2012, 05:09 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I know that some folks were getting them from eBay with good quality for much cheaper than the other kits. I know that Mitch (PGreenSVT) has one like that.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:41 AM

I purchased one off EBAY. The installation went very well. All the parts were provided and I have not had any leaks.
6.0L FORD F250-350 UNF DIESEL EGR VALVE DELETE KIT (794504110203) | eBay
Old 02-23-2012, 05:55 PM

i'm just soo weary of those ebay kits. i'll look into it more though. the up-pipe fit perfect and everything?
Old 02-23-2012, 06:53 PM

Yep, the up pipe bolted right up and was the exact length. Here is the website of the company I bought it from. Diesel Performance Parts | EGR Delete Kits | Steering Stabilizers | Leveling Kits | Bead Seaters | Polaris ATV Racks
Old 02-23-2012, 08:06 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Term3 View Post
It has been proven that not leaving the EGR valve still electrically connected effects the the ability of the fan clutch to reach 100% lock up. This may not be an issue with a lot of vehicles that aren't worked hard but it is when your pushing your truck to the max. You would think tuners out there would have a fix for this by now.
I'm curious, how does any electrical connection effect how a mechanical fan clutch works?

I bought an EGR cooler delete off eBay that looks much like the one highlighted. I don't remember who made it, but it was a one piece block off/tube assembly. The up pipe fit great, no leaks, and I left my valve in because I was tired of wrenching on my truck and the cooler was the real problem.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:45 AM

Subscribed...ordering one very soon.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:54 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karls03 View Post
I'm curious, how does any electrical connection effect how a mechanical fan clutch works?

I bought an EGR cooler delete off eBay that looks much like the one highlighted. I don't remember who made it, but it was a one piece block off/tube assembly. The up pipe fit great, no leaks, and I left my valve in because I was tired of wrenching on my truck and the cooler was the real problem.
The fan clutch engagement is controlled by the PCM and if the EGR valve is not present the PCM sees it as a fault and does not, for some stupid programing reason, allow 100% clutch engagement. This was the way it was explained on one of the forums by a tech that was specifically looking to see if there was any differance between having the EGR valve connected or disconnected. I for one would much prefer to toss the EGR valve in the trash where it belongs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.