Installing EDGE EAS System Tomorrow EGT + Fuel Pressure.. Few Questions? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 11:59 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Installing EDGE EAS System Tomorrow EGT + Fuel Pressure.. Few Questions?

Well, finally got the EDGE EAS system today and plan on installing the EGT probe and Fuel Pressure monitor tomorrow. already got the fuel PSI port adapter and the 90 degree elbow everyone has said will make installation of the fuel pressure probe easier. I have a few questions...

1. Where are you all fastening all the " daisy chained connectors " up around the firewall and how are you securing them?

2. How do you make sure the EGT probe is sitting in the center of the inside of the exhaust manifold per the instructions once you screw the probe into the fitting that has been screwed into exhaust manifold? it looks like the probe is pretty long and will screw too far in ( if that makes sense ). directions say edge of probe needs to sit perfectly in the middle of inside manifold to get accurate readings.

3. Lastly, how have you run the wires coming from fuel pressure probe ( up by fuel pressure regulator ) back to where they connect to universal sensor adapter ( back by firewall)? The colored wires are kind of long and I want to make sure I route them back there in a way they won't be prone to any heat damage or other damage as well as kind of hidden from view.

Thanks for the info and I can't wait to get started on this project
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2012, 12:41 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by baycountry16 View Post
1. Where are you all fastening all the " daisy chained connectors " up around the firewall and how are you securing them?

2. How do you make sure the EGT probe is sitting in the center of the inside of the exhaust manifold per the instructions once you screw the probe into the fitting that has been screwed into exhaust manifold? it looks like the probe is pretty long and will screw too far in ( if that makes sense ). directions say edge of probe needs to sit perfectly in the middle of inside manifold to get accurate readings.

3. Lastly, how have you run the wires coming from fuel pressure probe ( up by fuel pressure regulator ) back to where they connect to universal sensor adapter ( back by firewall)? The colored wires are kind of long and I want to make sure I route them back there in a way they won't be prone to any heat damage or other damage as well as kind of hidden from view.

Thanks for the info and I can't wait to get started on this project
1. I'm not quite sure what you are asking here but I have my daisy chain wire routed such that the connector for everything that plugs in sits right by the brake booster and steering shaft. It is out of the way and not really susceptible to any heat sources. Hope this helps.

2. In my opinion (IMO), the best way to mount the probe end of the EGT probe is right at the back of the driver's side exhaust manifold where the elbow is that connects to the up-pipe and drill such that the bit goes up into the last port going into the up-pipe. There is A LOT of space right there and you shouldnt have any problem getting the probe away from the walls of the manifold to only sense the gases entering the up-pipe.

3. I just ran my wires from the probe at the regulator on my RR kit straight back to the daisy chain connector. I simply looped all of the extra wiring and zip tied it so it wouldnt flop all over the place and then I used looming from autozone to help protect the wiring from heat and abrasion of engine components.

I am sorry I dont have pics but the main thing for the wiring is to make sure you keep things relaxed and protected from heat and abrasion. As long as you do that, it really doesnt matter. Hope this helps.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:51 PM
Premium Member

Thanks for the info. That's exactly what I wanted to know. I like the idea of the looming to protect the wires. You pretty much answered my first question and got what I was asking, but did you just ziptie the daisy chained connectors to something around the brake booster?
Old 02-20-2012, 01:19 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Yea brake lines make good zip tie points but in all honesty you dont really even need to zip tie the connection point to anything as long as all the other extra wiring is gathered together neatly with zip ties. Eitherway will work though.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:31 PM
Premium Member

cool thanks. one more thing maybe someone can chime in on. I was looking at all the parts in the 3 boxes and noticed this in the box with the starter kit and expandable EGT probe. This is the female end of the wire that runs from the CTS itself to the various probes where the daisychaining starts. I notice it only has 5 prongs? I think it should have 6 right. I hope this didn't come defective from factory like this. The box was comnpletely sealed and wrapped in plastic like it should be. I can call EDGE tomorrow to double check, but thought maybe someone on here would know. I dunno, maybe this connector should only have 5? all the other female connection points on other add ons have 6 prongs though. Anybody know about this?
Attached Thumbnails
Installing EDGE EAS System Tomorrow EGT + Fuel Pressure.. Few Questions?-picture-332.jpg  
Old 02-20-2012, 03:38 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Nope they only have 5. you're good to go.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:21 PM
Premium Member

Cool thanks for the help.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 02-20-2012, 04:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I ran my wires from the fuel pressure sensor under the intake and behind the battery. Ran it along the drivers side up to the fire wall and coiled it up with zip ties. No issues in the past 2K miles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.