Which tuner? SCT Livewire vs. X3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 06:53 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Which tuner? SCT Livewire vs. X3

I will be getting an sct tuner and innovative diesel customs tunes (have heard some really good things about them). I already have gauges, just need an actual tuner, is the Livewire really worth putting more money into?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2012, 06:56 AM
Still Alive

Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
No it isn't. The Livewire is nothing but problems.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:12 AM

Thought I might also add it is the 6.0 diesel engine, already had the egr deleted.

Yeah they seem to be the same thing, just the livewire actually has a "screen." Just wondering what all the other powerstroke guys thought
Old 02-20-2012, 07:23 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
most like the combo of x3 and Egde CTS (or CS) better. the read out on the insight is alot better than the livewire imo

that and i dont keep my sct in the truck at all times and have the insight in the driver side glove box so its hidden and not on the windshield so a thief can come eye it up.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agjake11 View Post
most like the combo of x3 and Egde CTS (or CS) better. the read out on the insight is alot better than the livewire imo

that and i dont keep my sct in the truck at all times and have the insight in the driver side glove box so its hidden and not on the windshield so a thief can come eye it up.
But since I already have gauges I should be fine with just buying the x3 correct? No edge?

It's my understanding that the only difference between the two is the display, and if that is so, I will probably end up spending less money on the x3. If anyone knows otherwise, just let me know
Old 02-20-2012, 10:06 AM

yes and no. unless your current gauges have stuff like FICM voltage EOT ECT etc etc then yea the x3 is enough.

i went with the CTS since it was cheaper for what you got than gauges for everything.

my big thing is theres no where really to conceal the livewire and if someone takes it they got your tuner and gauge display. the livewire does monitor bunch of things like the edge will but combines the tuning features of the x3.

if only the cts could load tunes like a sct handheld (similar to gryphon cts but not limited to PHP)
Old 02-21-2012, 12:21 PM

alright Im starting to understand better, I guess I had a misconception before. So basically the gauges dont really cut it, and i need more to monitor, such as the edge or the livewire.

Does the edge add any performance? or is it just monitoring?
Old 02-21-2012, 12:23 PM

exactly. the edge can do tuning but i think the only one tuning for them is still PHP. i went with the sct and insight because i liked the different tuning options i had to choose from (company/tuner wise)

the insight cs/cts is just a monitor but the juice with attitude cs/cts has canned tunes on it also but the tunes arent really worth anything
Old 02-21-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agjake11 View Post
exactly. the edge can do tuning but i think the only one tuning for them is still PHP. i went with the sct and insight because i liked the different tuning options i had to choose from (company/tuner wise)

the insight cs/cts is just a monitor but the juice with attitude cs/cts has canned tunes on it also but the tunes arent really worth anything
What do you mean by the different tuning options?

I will just be getting a custom economy tune, so not really looking for loads of power. Im not really looking to spend as much as the juice so that i probably out of the question
Old 02-21-2012, 12:31 PM

tuners that write files for the sct. you have lots of options. gearhead, TSD, Innovative, RCD, etc all write files for sct devices.

the cts and egt probe ran me under 500. if you already have the egt probe youll just save money there. and even more if you do the cs version
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.