Edge insight CTS or analog gauges - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 06:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Edge insight CTS or analog gauges

I am looking at getting gauges for my 2006 f250 but don't know if I should get the edge insight cts or analog gauges. If analog gauges, which gauges should I monitor. Tran temp, fuel pressure,etc, etc. I am gonna get an sct x3 with innovative tunes. I just got rid of my bullydog programmer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2012, 07:27 AM

After much research in various 6.0 forums, I decided on the Edge Insight CTS. I monitor 8 PIDS on a single screen + I use the same screen for the back up camera.

I'm very pleased with my choice.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:36 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by King130 View Post
I am looking at getting gauges for my 2006 f250 but don't know if I should get the edge insight cts or analog gauges. If analog gauges, which gauges should I monitor. Tran temp, fuel pressure,etc, etc. I am gonna get an sct x3 with innovative tunes. I just got rid of my bullydog programmer.
Lot of guys like analog gauges lot of work i have them in my 97 at the end of the day you just have gauges, with the Edge CTS you have a tool that is needed on a 6.0 able to run 8 things at one time all the important things. I will be doing an upgrade to the CTS with the expandable pyro to add thing down the line. I like the turbo timer add on i have the fuel pressure gauge now so i don't need that with analog it is hard to monitor the this you really need to keep an eye on plus the CTS is plug and play.
2 stroker
Old 02-20-2012, 07:50 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
It's a matter of personal preference and how fat your wallet is.

I prefer analog gauges (7 gauges). If you have a iOS device (iTouch,iPad,iPhone), you can check out the DashBoss. The newest version (1.3) is due to be released from iTunes any day now.

This link here is the beta 1.3 version.
DashBoss monitoring review.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:54 AM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I like analog gauges as well, the look so sweet! but with the CTS you get more for your money.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:17 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
If you have to pick one or the other, hands down the CTS is going to be your best bang for the buck and will be the easiest to install for monitoring the temps that matter most such as EOT and ECT and their delta.

However, there are two very important parameters that cant be measured with the CTS through the OBDII port that really need to be measured somehow (whether it be analog gauges or CTS add ons) and that is EGTs, Fuel Pressure, and Low Pressure Oil Pressure. You could run these as analog gauges so this way you could have the best of both worlds. It also wouldnt be a bad idea to run a separate High Pressure Oil (Injection Control Pressure) guage as the OBDII display wont be accurate if your truck is tuned. Hope this helps. FWIW, I have the CTS and LOVE IT.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrunner408 View Post
If you have to pick one or the other, hands down the CTS is going to be your best bang for the buck and will be the easiest to install for monitoring the temps that matter most such as EOT and ECT and their delta.
i take it you have never heard of the scanguage2?!?!?!
Old 02-20-2012, 09:43 AM

I run an Insight CTS with the EGT probe. Couldn't be happier, still need to add a fuel pressure gauge, but it lets me see everything else.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:45 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strokeittothemax View Post
i take it you have never heard of the scanguage2?!?!?!
Yep I have heard of it. I just like the CTS unit and use it solely as my guages/monitoring system. I like how clean the unit is and the display is the best IMO. I would buy it over the scanguage2 any day because it is a way better looking unit and that is important to me and may be to the OP as well so that is why I recommend it. I may still add gauges later but at least I dont have to if I dont want to.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:50 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
cts hands down. help setup a friends and im placing my order for my cts today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.