Stuck in Afghanistan... ordered some new goodies - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012, 07:51 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Stuck in Afghanistan... ordered some new goodies

Hey everybody. I haven't been on in a while, and I really really really do miss it. I am currently in Afghanistan and will be here for a while. Hope all is well with everybody.

I just ordered some new goodies for the truck and I am anxious to get it all on before I get home. Just purchased some ARP head studs, Garret Powermax, Casserly 155's, and AirDog 2. Hopefully I will see some good stuff out of everything. My next step is to get my SCT re-flashed by Eric and IDP.

Anybody have a similar setup and have any mileage numbers or input on how everything runs? Also do any of yall have any suggestions on a transmission rebuild/new trans and torque converter. I was suggested Brian's Truck Stop. Keep in mind I don't want to break the bank, however I want something strong and reliable and somewhat reasonable in price. If the price will be high regardless of what company, then who should I look into?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2012, 12:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Are you looking into transmissions because of your predicted HP level, or is yours bad? Reason I ask, is because your trans should hold up fine to the new power level. ASSuming your current trans is good, save your money.

Keep your head down, and thank you for your service.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:28 PM

05diesel60, thank you for your service.
As svilla said at that hp level your trans will be ok unless its on its way already. With those mods I would guess you at 480 to the tires. You might want to consider the ficm tuning and some 6.4 banjo bolts in addition to your list. Both are well worth it in my opinion.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:46 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hey 05Diesel60 I have the perfect guy for you to do this. I have a buddy who is a certified diesel mechanic and works at a ford dealer and runs a shop above his house. He does the best work around and does a clean and miticulous job. He has replaced my HPOP, Injectors turbo and all before so he has done all of what you are wanting to do, I am in Western North Carolina and he is about 15 min from me. I would be willing to pick your truck up and get the work done for you and then take your truck back home or whatever. He does great work for a VERY reasonable price, he replaced 4 injectors for me for a VERY VERY cheap price and a man of your stature would be just as well treated as he treats all customers. Just let me know.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CumminsKiller115 View Post
Hey 05Diesel60 I have the perfect guy for you to do this. I have a buddy who is a certified diesel mechanic and works at a ford dealer and runs a shop above his house. He does the best work around and does a clean and miticulous job. He has replaced my HPOP, Injectors turbo and all before so he has done all of what you are wanting to do, I am in Western North Carolina and he is about 15 min from me. I would be willing to pick your truck up and get the work done for you and then take your truck back home or whatever. He does great work for a VERY reasonable price, he replaced 4 injectors for me for a VERY VERY cheap price and a man of your stature would be just as well treated as he treats all customers. Just let me know.
Can you PM this guys info...may look into having him do some work on my truck.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:15 PM

Stay safe brother! Keep your head down and remember, "Its better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6!"
Old 02-18-2012, 06:56 AM
Premium Member

Thanks everybody. It's not so bad out here... just a little cold, wet and dusty when the rain kicks down. As far as my trans is concerned it seems to be alright so far. Truck has 138k last time I checked, however the wife likes the truck too so that number could be slightly fudged now . If a new trans isn't necessary, then how about a torque converter? I was just doing the trans and TC to have it new and fresh, but if I can stay away from it for now then I may do so... or just spend money to satisfy my sick addiction

What is the reason for going with the new banjo bolts?

Thanks for all the help guys, much obliged.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:55 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Banjo bolts basically open up the bolt for more fuel delivery. The 6.0 bolts have check valves in them and the 6.4 bolts have 4 fuel holes instead of 2 and no check valves (they are hollow bolts)
Old 02-19-2012, 05:56 AM
Premium Member

Thanks CumminsKiller. Just read some posts as well. Thanks for the info guys.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:12 AM

Depending on how close you are to Knoxville, we have all Factory Ford trained techs. We would even be willing to extend you a military discount for your labor.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.