Prefered Fuel/Oil Additives? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2012, 10:18 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Prefered Fuel/Oil Additives?

Howdy.

I'm new.

There seem to be just as many opinions as there are options, with regard to fuel and oil additives that are best for a happy and healthy 6.0.

New to diesels. But I have plenty of diesel friends to argue about how wise or unwise I was to get the 6.0. None of them, however, can agree on fuel or oil additives that are good for the new truck.

I have read thousands of arguments about it.

What are some opinions here?

Truck info is in sig. My plans for it involve no towing, but lots of highway driving and camping trips with 6-8 people and all their crap piled inside. If that gives an idea of how it is driven.

I have a trip to FL for a week (from IN) coming up for a shakedown. Then I have all of March open for building. Then starting in April I will have several trips between IN and CO, just a couple of which will involve a trailer (Jeep, and our stuff) while we move out there.

TIA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2012, 02:00 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Can't beat this combo: REV-X Diesel Engine Oil Additive - REV-X Oil Additive | Diesel Fuel Additive | High Performance Oil

We are running a .ORG special to receive the package for $79.95 use coupon code "rev-x" during checkout to get this kit at this special .ORG pricing!
Old 02-14-2012, 05:30 PM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Abrannan19
Rev x is pretty awesome stuff that's for sure, fuel and oil treatments work great for the 6.0's
Old 02-14-2012, 07:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

+1 for Rev-x
Old 02-16-2012, 12:06 AM

Thumbs up Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManSlerm View Post
Howdy.

I'm new.

There seem to be just as many opinions as there are options, with regard to fuel and oil additives that are best for a happy and healthy 6.0.

New to diesels. But I have plenty of diesel friends to argue about how wise or unwise I was to get the 6.0. None of them, however, can agree on fuel or oil additives that are good for the new truck.

I have read thousands of arguments about it.

What are some opinions here?

Truck info is in sig. My plans for it involve no towing, but lots of highway driving and camping trips with 6-8 people and all their crap piled inside. If that gives an idea of how it is driven.

I have a trip to FL for a week (from IN) coming up for a shakedown. Then I have all of March open for building. Then starting in April I will have several trips between IN and CO, just a couple of which will involve a trailer (Jeep, and our stuff) while we move out there.

TIA.
Im also new to my 6.0, as much as i have read about oil additives, i'd suggest rev x, but i havent used it so, im just passing the word. For fuel i have used Diesel Kleen +Cetane Boost, it added about 2 mpg each time i have used it, and at 7 bucks a bottle its not bad, ou should give it a try ive head people seen gains up to 4-5 mpg, me personally just 2. Got it at walmart lol!
Old 02-16-2012, 03:20 AM
Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to 0760rmu927
I have been using opti lube for my fuel, summer and winter blends, doesn't get real cold for long stretches here but I'm just particular about it. Then used rev-x once. All above are very good!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Old 02-16-2012, 04:10 AM
War is the answer!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I use Rev-x for my oil with rotella t6 but I use XPD for my fuel treatment. Look it up. Its the best.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:46 AM
Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to 0760rmu927
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
I use Rev-x for my oil with rotella t6 but I use XPD for my fuel treatment. Look it up. Its the best.
goofed on my listing...I also use the XPD not summer...not sure what i was thinking this morning!
Old 02-16-2012, 05:02 AM
Serving Our Country!

Fred@PMM What size is the fuel additive? I see it has the two 4oz bottles of oil additive. If that is the 16oz, it definitely sounds like a steal for 79.95.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:03 AM

It is the 8oz. but if you notice there is Free UPS Ground!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.