what should i do next? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012, 09:16 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
what should i do next?

im new to the site and i think i got my signature right but here is what i have done to my 6.0 so far. i have head studs, a built transmission, egr delete and new oil cooler, powermax turbo, 58v ficm from swamps with the mild reflash, and innovative tuning and i just ordered the blue spring upgrade and a new hpop since mine just went out. so far all my modifacations have been as things go wrong i upgrade them. first i blew the transmission, then my ficm went out, then my headgaskets and along with that i replaced the turbo. i would just like some input on other areas or ideas on what i should upgrade next. i was planning on either 175-190 injectors but im at a loss about how to setup my fuel system with all the regulated returns and different style pumps. i just dont know what would work best for the money. i have also been looking into the oil filtration kits but after looking around at the caps and ol filter bases it should be possible to buld my own alot cheaper then buying a prebuilt kit so any insight on that would be greatly appreciated. in general i just wanna know what would be the best upgrades i could do both performance and for reliability of my engine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2012, 09:27 AM

Why/how did you hpo go how? how many miles?
Old 02-13-2012, 11:32 AM
Serving Our Country!

Definitely from what is on that list you should still flush the cooling system and put in the ELC (non ford gold) coolant in there and throw on a bypass coolant filtration system to get all the crap out of the coolant. Do the zoodad, just for some colder air, and because all you do is drill some holes if you have patience(so it is free). Then after those just see what your temp readings are and you should be perfectly fine.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:30 PM

It has 173k right now which is pretty high. And all mods I have done so far have been within the last 8k. And as for the coolant I had the headstuds done at saint joe diesel in my home town and I'm not 100% sure what coolant they put back in it so I should probly find out. And the ipr stuck closed and I have read that it blows the pumps up because they build to much pressure. And since I pulled the turbo to diagnose the problem since the air test didn't turn up any problems when we pressurized the system. I figure I'm already in there isn't it worth the money knowing I have a new hpop and it won't be a problem for a while and for all I know its the original pump.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:14 PM

r u in saint joseph mn?
Old 02-13-2012, 07:40 PM

Heck, coolant filtration systems first off, then a amsoil oil filtration keit or the BPD oil cooler kit. Maybe a ADII or return regulated fuel lines.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:12 PM

No I'm from saint joseph mo
Old 02-14-2012, 12:17 PM

make sure they put all the updated dummy plugs and standpipes in, and id get injectors next after you get the prevenative maintainance outta the way and depending on the size either add and airdog or reg return or both
Old 02-14-2012, 01:04 PM

How do I check the stand pipes and dummy plugs to see if they are the updated ones? And that's what I was thinking about for a fuel system was the adII and a regulated return but I wasn't sure how good that would work. What injectors would you guys recomend for me? I do a little towing probly 6k at the most and the rest of the time its my dd and i like to go out and screw around with the ricers on the weekends. In general I'm just a speed and power freak. But I don't wanna pass the threshold where my truck becomes very unreliable since its my dd.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:46 PM

190's would be a good thing i would think for what you wanna do. the egts will get hot with the pm but it will still be a good dd. if you really want to make the most power get injectors with a non vgt turbo. you have a pm btw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.