boost tubes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2007, 04:19 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
boost tubes

okay guys i talked to dana at virtual works racing, he just got the car back together and was at the track this morning. there is a big race next month in phoenix he is gearing up for, and after that we will be R/D'ing boost tubes AND intake elbows for the powerstroke.

you can see some of his work at Virtual Works Racing right now it is all geared toward the 2JZGTE supra motor, but he owns a diesel (duramax) and is my main competitor and best friend.

give me about a month and a half and i will post pics of the C/A tubes we will be jigging/fabbing and the elbows. His guy Ben is a master at polishing metal to a mirror finish, and all the aluminum is tig welded in house.

it will top quality i assure you, we have no clue what pricing will be cause he's not sure what all is involved, but i told him that if he keeps it under the price of banks he cant go wrong cause because i guarantee the quality will be way better, and the finish will be immaculate. he has a flow bench on site and we will make sure that these not only look good, that they work good.

dana has great work ethic, and if he cant get them to perform any better than stock, or the competitors, he just wont make them. i personally will run his stuff anyway because it just looks so darn good !!

btw, he also builds all his own intercoolers and manifolds for the race cars using spearco cores, so we will probably be R/D'ing intercoolers in a few months too.

TO THE MODERATORS: i am in NO way trying to take business away from the sponsors of this site, if this post is a violation please let me know. again, i am NOT an employee or have any vested interest in Virtual works, i just wanted to let people know i will be having him do my work, and that if there was enough demand once people saw the finished, that he would consider marketing them , and if he has join the site as a sponsor in order to market them, then he will by all means follow all the rules. again, sorry for the long post, i was just excited when he said he would do this for me, and i just think others will be happy with his produce, some of the fastest Supras on the planet are running his parts, and i spent lots of time at his shop and know he is a stand up guy who is a real racer at heart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2007, 04:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to powershooter
cool, can't wait . let us know because i hate my stock plastic one .
Old 09-15-2007, 04:34 PM
Banned

what's plastic ? your boost tubes ? mine are all metal, but i have heard that some years ford did use plastic ones. i would think the plastic ones would be better at keeping the engine heat out of the intake charge though, so even though my new tubes will be shiny and polished, i'm afraid i will probably still take the elbow side one and wrap it with header wrap or some sort of insulating material to keep the temp down between the I/C and the elbow, have any of you guys considered this too ?
Old 09-15-2007, 04:40 PM

from the turbo is metal and from the intercooler to the intake elbow is plastic, its crap . i just want a metal one to replace that one. funny you mention the header wrap , i started a new thread in general diesel diss. about using header wrap and wanted to know if anybody tried it .
Old 09-15-2007, 04:54 PM
Banned

i can't see how it would hurt anything, and i'm sure it's gotta help, because the engine compartment is one HOT environmant, and that tube gets too hot to touch, i accidentally grabbed the pre-intercooler boost tube one time after some hard driving and literally burned my hand, the other one was much cooler, but still hot enough to cause some HP issues. as a matter of fact, i may just go and wrap my stock one till i get new ones made, the local race shops here charge an arm and a leg for header wrap, anyone know a site to order it with the best prices ?
Old 09-15-2007, 04:59 PM

i always get it from advance auto parts , used to work there part time and got my discount . any auto parts stores around you carry it ?
Old 09-15-2007, 05:05 PM

If all else fails, check ebay. lol

This stuff is super cheap:

eBay Motors: White 50ft Fiberglass Racing Exhaust 2" Header Wrap NEW (item 180159762815 end time Sep-17-07 17:21:46 PDT)

This looks a little better but costs more:

eBay Motors: Exhaust Header Heat Wrap Thick!! 1/8" X 2" X 50' Black (item 110170745479 end time Sep-22-07 17:32:53 PDT)
Old 09-16-2007, 01:03 AM
Banned

hey tech that's exactly what i'm talking about, i like the stainless zip ties too !!
what do you think about the turbo wrap kit he has also ???

eBay Motors: Universal Turbo Insulation Kit Turbocharger Heat Shield (item 110169550917 end time Sep-19-07 07:16:05 PDT)
Old 09-16-2007, 02:29 AM
Banned

Is this part of our grand plan dan? haha i'm game for some new boost tubes... I have the stock "plastic" CAC tubes and just wondered why they switched to that when they were using the metal other years.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LvTitan View Post
hey tech that's exactly what i'm talking about, i like the stainless zip ties too !!
what do you think about the turbo wrap kit he has also ???

eBay Motors: Universal Turbo Insulation Kit Turbocharger Heat Shield (item 110169550917 end time Sep-19-07 07:16:05 PDT)

I've used those in cars before. They decrease underhood temperature dramatically in cramped engine bays of sport compacts. You think it would fit the much larger turbos we have?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.