Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Does SCT have a built in boost fooler?

9K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Metal Mulisha 
#1 ·
I bought an SCT tuner from ID and it has Eric's custom tunes on it. I was just wondering if it had a built in boost fooler or if I should get one? Thanks!

#3 ·
From what I understand yes. That is why a boost fooler is useless on a 6.0

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

#4 ·
Yes it does

sent from my Evo

#5 ·
Thanks fellas

#7 ·
A boost fooler is piece of equipment that makes an ECM see less boost than is actually produced. Preventing the engine from defueling.

Its more common in a 7.3.

The SCT isnt a boost fooler by definition. It actually allows for changes in the programming. Making no need for the equipment

#12 ·
Stock or tuned? What year truck.

An 03-04 will see that under the right conditions stock

#14 ·
The part is listed as boost builder, not fooler, if you were to look one up at an online diesel shop. I tried one from BD Diesel a few years ago, it did some screwy things to my 6.0 AND my buddy's 6.0. Screwy as in turbo farts, HIGH EGTs, and a ridiculous amount of smoke, even at part throttle. Save the $80 for a tank of fuel or some tunes.

#15 ·
Hijack....
kTm520, Sweet rig!!! haven't seen your truck gracing these pages before. Nice work!

#17 · (Edited)
I have the '06 Long bed version of your truck in the same color. So it caught my eye.

*I've tried to edit my signature so that the pic of my truck shows up like yours does....lets see if this works...

*EDIT...I got it in there....but it's tiny.

#18 ·
So does my cts read incorrect boost numbers with a tune?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.