Need info on SCT Live Wire & other programmers - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2007, 04:08 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need info on SCT Live Wire & other programmers

I have a 2004 F-250 4x4 with the 6.0 was thinking on buying a power programmer. I have looked at the SCT and it looks good but wanted some input on it and others. I have a lift but no other modifications. I would like better mileage and a little more power but mileage is most important because I am only getting 12-13mpg. Any input or if you have an sct live wire. What do you think of it. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2007, 04:23 PM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

Here is a writeup on the live wire. Most of the 6.0 owners love the SCT Sct Livewire
Old 09-13-2007, 04:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I just got a livewire with DJ's tunes. It rocks :burnout I would maybe wait on a livewire though. If i had to do it again i would have bought gauges and an Xcal. Their is some bugs with the livewire and it doesn't do some very obvious things. Like turn on and off on the gauges screen with the key. All in all it's ok though.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:52 PM
one day at a time

what ever you chose to go with, get yourself a set of gauges. With the bigger tires and a stock exhaust you REALLY need to watch your EGT! It will get up there a lot faster with the big meats on it and the fact that your exhaust is more restrictive than an aftermarket setup. My advise would be to get yourself a 4" turbo back exhaust and gauges before you do any tuning.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:14 PM

thanks for all the input
Old 09-15-2007, 01:08 AM
Banned

i too have a lifted truck, and EGT's are a nightmare !! especially with my HOT *** tune from matt for the SCT. i opted to go with gauges instead of livewire,but the SCT is an awesome programmer man you wont be disappointed.
and yeah a good 4" turbo back exhaust with no cat will help tremendously, i would also say a tranny upgrade should be in your budget, and an I/C upgrade will also knock another couple hundred degrees off your EGT's.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:57 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Although the 6.0L's are not known for their great fuel saving potential, 12-13mpg is low. Our economy tune is designed for bumper-to-bumper traffic, reduces turbo lag and we hear can save you between 2 and 4 mpg. Still, there may be other factors involved in your high consumption which should be checked out first.

I'm going to ask DJ to list the things you can check and I will send you a PM.

Thanks,
Vivian
Old 09-15-2007, 05:28 AM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerage View Post
Like turn on and off on the gauges screen with the key. All in all it's ok though.
I'm confused - maybe because I don't use mine as gauges since I've got A-Pillar gauges but what is it not doing? I may need to add that to my write-up.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:06 AM
Banned

I've seen the livewire before- it's bigger than the Evolution tuner (by Edge) in size. It's quite large to me. But it's a cool looking piece, and has a lot of great functionality for what I saw. Get the right tunes and you'll be burnin rubber ALLL day
Old 09-15-2007, 06:17 AM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06TWO50Diesel View Post
I've seen the livewire before- it's bigger than the Evolution tuner (by Edge) in size. It's quite large to me. But it's a cool looking piece, and has a lot of great functionality for what I saw. Get the right tunes and you'll be burnin rubber ALLL day

Oh it's awesome - it just kills your street racing unfortunately. Literally I have guys pull up next to me at a light who will need my lane and think that can whoop me and get in front of me - get beside me and see it on my dash - light turns green and they don't even bother giving it gas and fall behind me where they WOULD have been to begin with. Its hilarious and happens all the time. Usually it's a guy in a fairly quick truck but the good thing about most guys who have a fast truck is they've seen the LiveWire and know what it is and know they'll get eaten.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.