MBPR Cool Duals - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2007, 02:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
MBPR Cool Duals

I am looking at Getting the MBPR cool duals for my 06 i was wondering if any one has them, what they have to say about them, how they sound and such thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2007, 03:14 PM

I have them, and honestly haven't heard a better sounding exhaust, the duals just give it a deeper, meaner sound in my opinion, the double sided smoke factor is definately cool also. Ask them if they make it in the 304 stainless with the polished tips as well, worth the extra cash also, no rust ever, and polishes up real nice.

The bad,

1)the pipes are so big that they are about 1/4 inch away from your shocks and will bounce off them, and make noise (clangity clang)in a off road situation.

2)the pipes are so big, if you tow heavy, and don't have airbags to help sag, especially if you go over a hump or something on the road, your leaf springs will rub against them as well. Just have to grind a bit off the leaf spring corner, not a real big deal either.

All in all, it's an awesome system, great quality, and the first thing mentioned above, I am working on rectifying, for my truck, maybe if you get them we can all get together and come up with some ideas. maybe some heat wrap around the shock, there's no way not to make it hit, at least kill the clangity clank. lol

Hope this helps

Hoss

Last edited by Hoss350; 09-11-2007 at 03:17 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:18 PM

i also like the looks of them but i no banks an magnaflow has a dual exhaust kit also an i really like the polished tips that banks have but im not the one buying them lol
Old 09-11-2007, 03:32 PM

i have also looked at the other dual kits also i like the MBPR the best, i will go with the stainless because i live here in mass and they use a lot of salt in the winter, HOSS350 Do you have the cat on or removed? thanks!!
Old 09-11-2007, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss350 View Post
I have them, and honestly haven't heard a better sounding exhaust, the duals just give it a deeper, meaner sound in my opinion, the double sided smoke factor is definately cool also. Ask them if they make it in the 304 stainless with the polished tips as well, worth the extra cash also, no rust ever, and polishes up real nice.

The bad,

1)the pipes are so big that they are about 1/4 inch away from your shocks and will bounce off them, and make noise (clangity clang)in a off road situation.

2)the pipes are so big, if you tow heavy, and don't have airbags to help sag, especially if you go over a hump or something on the road, your leaf springs will rub against them as well. Just have to grind a bit off the leaf spring corner, not a real big deal either.

All in all, it's an awesome system, great quality, and the first thing mentioned above, I am working on rectifying, for my truck, maybe if you get them we can all get together and come up with some ideas. maybe some heat wrap around the shock, there's no way not to make it hit, at least kill the clangity clank. lol

Hope this helps

Hoss
clanging on the driver's side only ? how bout passenger oem side?
Old 09-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Premium Member

I have Silverline duals with cat removed and love them. Nice deep sound. Pretty much same as MBRP. I have no problems with the pipes hitting anything.

Last edited by HOTWHEELS34; 09-11-2007 at 06:34 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:37 PM

I have the cat delete section.

Hey hotdog, I don't see how you can have 4 inch pipes back there, and not have them close to anything, there's hardly no room for a 4 inch pipe to go through there, I don't know how the heck someone sticks 5 inchers back there. LOL Also I want to clarify, that they only hit the shocks in a "offroad sitituation" they hit all the time.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:05 PM
Banned

diamond Eye is another one to look at for duals. I mean as long as the exhaust is mandrale(SP?) bent i really see no differance in what brand you choose. Also i dont know where you have been looking to buy from but Diesel performance accessories for Dodge Cummins, Ford Powerstroke, and Chevy Duramax is the cheapest i have been able to find exhaust anywhere. I know this is kinda out of the thread but if anyone else knows a cheaper place if they could PM me that would be awesome or if anyone is looking to get ride of one of there dual systems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.