Stock injectors or 155cc? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2012, 03:54 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Stock injectors or 155cc?

Well I got a call from the shop that is doing my headgaskets and said that I have two bad injectors. All eight will be sent out and check but it looks like I have to be buy at least 2. The question is if I need more than 2 I am thinking I should replace all eight, but do I stay stock or go with 155ccs? My truck is not a race truck and I will be hooking up to a 25' gooseneck so is bigger injectors something I should avoid? I want to be able to get in this truck drive accross the country with any issues. As of right now my bill looks like it will 5Gs so spending another $2500 on higher inejectors is really hard for me to justify.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2012, 05:55 AM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I don't feel comfortable replacing just 2 of the injectors. I was in the same situation where I had 2 bad injectors, and instead of just replacing those two, I did all eight. I figured with the amount of time and money it cost to remove the injectors, I might as well do it once and be done with it. If you replace just two, it is very possible that a diffferent injector or two may go bad in a little while. But then again, there have been plenty of people who just replace a couple injectors and are fine... how good is your luck?
Old 01-18-2012, 06:04 AM
Premium Member

I think in your case I would just recommend going with stock injectors. But I also would replace all eight no matter what. You will be much happier with the overall drivability of the truck. If there are a few that are not 100%, then most likely the rest are close behind. Spend the money now rather than later, will most likely save several hundred bucks in labor cost.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:30 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to 2003kingranch
I would honestly do 155's with stock nozzles. Detune to tow. Tune up to normal drive. But if you only tow then that's pointless

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Old 01-18-2012, 07:16 AM

Theres a few concerns first, why did the injectors go bad? How did the shop test them? You can just look at an injector and know if its bad or not. Some causes of injector failure are low ficm voltage (usually due to bad batteries) or stiction.

155's arent going to cost you $2500 either... give Jess Warren (Warren Diesel) a call he will set you up. He rebuilds stock injectors to factory specs for $500 or he can keep the stock nozzle and cut the bodies to give it a little more low end for the same price.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:44 PM

I will know more information in a few days when the motor is ripped into. When they told me what was going on with the injectors that is was from the scan not actually looking at the injectors. I could tell that I had stiction going because of the rough starts in the cold mornings.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:50 PM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I had a shop tell me I had two injectors that were bad according to their scan tool, and were just going to replace those two injectors. I told them to pull all the injectors and have them flow tested and it turns out that four of the injectors were not operating at full flow: two wouldn't open at all and two flowed less than half of what they were supposed to.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:56 AM

Someone told me that 155's are not much of a difference than stock? I maybe in the market for some injectors as well! I wouldent mind more power and being that i only tow something heavy maybe 3 times a year i think i would be ok with 175's on a stock 03 charger as long as i run a tow tune. What do you guys think?
Old 01-19-2012, 07:00 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to 2003kingranch
From what I've read 155's are only 50ish more hp. Which in my opinion is noticeable but I would never buy 155's personally I would buy 175's or 190's but that's me

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Old 01-19-2012, 07:13 AM

I just do not want to run too hot! I would also consider the batmowheel. But my thing on that is will it up the max hp rating on the charger or does it still max out at about 500hp with the new wheel?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.