Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

6.0L twins or big single? opinions please!

14K views 40 replies 13 participants last post by  kdogg85 
#1 ·
i am getting headstuds, 190cc inj, and either towing compounds or a big single and i would like to hear opinions please... thanks!:icon_ford:

#3 ·
i tow alot.... but its also my daily driver and i want it to also be sick!

#4 ·
i would do compounds. thats what i will be putting on my truck with 190's and should make great power. and be drivable. anytime you go with a big single you lose drivability and towing

#5 ·
compounds hands down

#6 ·
Exactly, if you want a towing machine, then yes compounds are the only way to go but they are EXPENSIVE and you will probably need a tranny to support the large amount of horse power. Plan on roughly 600hp with 190/100s, a 62/70 high pressure turbo, and a s475 or s480 low pressure turbo.

Plan on an easy $12k-$15k by the time it is all said and done to run compounds.

#7 ·
its getting them rite now... i already have egr delete with sct, 4in exhaust,gauges, banks techni cooler system, and next week built tranny.

#9 ·
ill let yall know how it turns out... thanks a bunch guys!!

#10 ·
should be sweet. but use ford hg when you stud it

#11 ·
why not the black onyx??

#12 ·
because there has been a lot of hg failures with black onyx with arp studs.

#13 ·
so the stock ford ones will hold up?

#17 ·
Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

#14 ·
and is the coolant filter worth the money??

#15 ·
yes and yes.

#16 ·
Do the ford HG's and let us know how it rides, this sounds like the setup I want some day

#18 ·
if the job was done right he shouldnt have any problems with the gasket!

most guys dont do it right the first time, and go online bashing a companys product because THEY didnt deck the head, clean the block properlly etc....

but thats how i feel to each their own

#19 ·
Maybe you're already planning on it, but I would recommend you get a Gogo manifold too. It would really help your engine breathe a lot better, the stock manifold is pretty restrictive.

BTW, I am green with envy. I would love to put that exact compound setup on my truck... guess I should go water the money tree some more

#21 ·
Don't forget to upgrade your fuel system.

#23 ·
i think im gunna go with river city diesel's kit that includes: 68mm powermax,180cc inj, airdogll, and a stage 2 regulated return....and im also gunna do the .370 lift 182/192 duration cam with their valve springs, headstuds and a coolant filter....... river city diesel said it would be around 600-650 to the ground..... ill let yall know how it goes
:thumb:

#24 ·
and the banks techni cooler system

#25 ·
Good luck trying to tow with that outfit. That turbo will make the power but you will be really limited on towing capacity. Spend the money where you can have your cake and eat it too.

#27 ·
I wouldnt go more then 175/75's and a powermax if you tow. Or 190/with small nozzles. Anything more then that twins are the only answer IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

#28 ·
Someone had a video up a while back of a big vgt with 205's on a dyno and looked like a smoke rolling mess. The longevity is fine as long as the surging can be eliminated, it's known for snaping the shaft I believe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.