If you have a SCT Livewire.... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 04:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If you have a SCT Livewire....

How do you have it mounted? I bought mine with the windshield mount but the whole thing is so big I cant find anywhere to mount it that keeps it out of the way. The way the wires come out doesnt help the matter any.

If you have any ideas, or you found a good way / place to mount it, help a fell out and send a pic!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2012, 07:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have mine mounted to the windshield almost directly above the radio down as low as I could get it with the dang plugs coming out of the bottom. I'll try to snap a pic for you tomo.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I mounted mine to the right side of the steering column, next to the 4wd switch on the dash. I fastened it down with velcro tape.

Sent from my DROID2 using AutoGuide.Com Free
Old 01-18-2012, 07:12 AM

I am getting ready to tackle this same issue myself this weekend. I have selected two spots, either the lower center part of the dash just to the right and below the cup holder/cargo tray area or mount it to the front of my center console. For some reason my truck came with a differnet center console than most. I have two bucket seats up front with a console that splits the middle with two cup holder on the front of it and a clip to hold papers on top of the flip up lid. I think this was some sort of work/contractors option if I am not mistaken. I did buy the window mount but it takes up to much space IMHO and as stated above the wire coming out of the bottom does not help any at all. While I'm at it I am going to do the high idle mod as well.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i mounted mine with the windsheild bracket to the front of the ash tray( took the suction cup off and used three sheet metal screws). looks nice and the wires go right up under the dash and the ash tray can still be opened . i will try to get some pictures this weekend.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilfarmrboy View Post
I am getting ready to tackle this same issue myself this weekend. I have selected two spots, either the lower center part of the dash just to the right and below the cup holder/cargo tray area or mount it to the front of my center console. For some reason my truck came with a differnet center console than most. I have two bucket seats up front with a console that splits the middle with two cup holder on the front of it and a clip to hold papers on top of the flip up lid. I think this was some sort of work/contractors option if I am not mistaken. I did buy the window mount but it takes up to much space IMHO and as stated above the wire coming out of the bottom does not help any at all. While I'm at it I am going to do the high idle mod as well.
Here is the basics of what I did. All I did was go to ACE Hardware and buy a pack of Industrial strength velcro. I cut them out to fit exactly with the round portion of the window mount and stuck them to the underside of the dash. So far so good and its out of the way yet in an area where keeping an eye on the temps is easy.
Attached Thumbnails
If you have a SCT Livewire....-securedownload2.jpg  
Old 01-19-2012, 05:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Velcro really holds that thing? Youd think as heavy as it is, plus the 3 mile long windshield attachment, that it would be really heavy on the velcro. Thanks for sending me a pic. I like the location of it.

Keep your ideas coming fellas! And thanks!!
Old 01-19-2012, 07:10 PM

Sorry for the blurry pic, I took it while driving
Attached Thumbnails
If you have a SCT Livewire....-photo0292.jpg  
Old 01-23-2012, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tug View Post
Velcro really holds that thing? Youd think as heavy as it is, plus the 3 mile long windshield attachment, that it would be really heavy on the velcro. Thanks for sending me a pic. I like the location of it.

Keep your ideas coming fellas! And thanks!!
Quick update. Velcro holds it VERY NICE! It's been on one week now with no complaints whatsoever. Even with me touching the control knob (without supporting the backside) the velcro holds up. Temperature does not affect the velcro sticking to the dash so far. I would say try it IMHO. What do you have to lose other than a few $ on velcro?
Old 01-23-2012, 07:26 PM

I mounted mine just like pics 4 and 5 on post #14 of this thread:

LiveWire installed? Any pictures? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com

The mount I bought from Bracketron was on clearance for $2, so I bought 2 and was still under $10 with shipping.

I like it just like it is in these photos, but you could actually run the wires through the handle opening on the fuse panel cover if you wanted to minimize the exposure on the dash. It's far enough forward that the wires run straight out bottom instead bending them some weird way. Why they designed this thing with the wires coming out the bottom I'll never know.

I could probably find the part number for the mount if you're interested.

Edit:
Here's the part I ordered. For 2 bucks even if you end up hating it you haven't lost anything.
http://www.bracketron.com/products/r...eld-mount-10-5

Last edited by 6.0 Bio; 01-23-2012 at 07:40 PM. Reason: found the part
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.