Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

New Evolution W/ Attitude- updated tunes?

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  npccpartsman 
#1 ·
My New Evolution will be here tomorrow. So I read the install manual today via the net. I had a couple of question, so I called Edge tech support. The guy I talked to answered my questions and then advised me to update my Evolution with the lighting software via the internet before I install it. To get the latest firmware.

He advised that the new Evolution programing now has 4 included tunes instead of 3. According to tech support the Evolution tunes are now 40HP 60HP 80HP & 100HP. I did not catch the torque numbers. He also said the tunes have been further refined by their engineers. Cool! Anybody running a new Evolution that can verify this info on the latest internet update?

#3 ·
I recently bought the edge juice with attitude for my 7.3 excursion. It has 5 settings: 25 hp, 35 hp, 55 hp, 75 hp , and 100 hp 200 lbs. They come up on the attitude monitor as economy, tow/haul, drive, race, and extreme.

#4 ·
Redneck47771 Thanks for the reply, but Juice and Evolution are completly different products. They both use the Attitude monitor, but the Evolution is a PCM programer and the Juice is a Chip.

#7 ·
Redneck47771 Thanks for the reply, but Juice and Evolution are completly different products. They both use the Attitude monitor, but the Evolution is a PCM programer and the Juice is a Chip.

The Juice is by far from a chip. Did a little more I think you have it backwards, but yes they are 2 different items. Chips (ie. programs) aren't shift on the fly like the Juice is...

#5 ·
Sorry ******* meant to address this to 7.3scs, my typo

#8 ·
Yea I installled mine one Wed and have the 4 programs in my Evolution. I have been impressed with so far. I have ran the Tow which seems slightly better than stock and the Extreme which is just aweome. The extreme gets the tires and the exhaust smokin from a dead stop and throws you back in the seat. I am a little worried about hammering it with the extreme, I don't want to jack anything up. I think I need to just have some thime pass to build my confidence in my tuned 6.0. I have read so many horror stories, I don't want to be another " I told you so" from some stock guy.

#10 ·
Evolution is not on the fly. It tunes the PCM & TCM. Requires engine off to change tune programs.

#11 ·
No flash programmer is adjustable on the fly, just like a fuel module can't give as safe or as good a control as a flash programmer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.