Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Best Intake Elbow??

12K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  usmcknight69 
#1 ·
Anybody have any input on a good elbow???

#2 ·
Yep, the OEM '05-'07's. There is no HP gain with a aftermarket elbow. The real restriction is the intake manifold and head ports.

#3 ·
It's crazy how this site works I was on the Internet looking at the elbows trying to talk my self into buying one! Lol! Can u replace the intake manifold with aftermarket? What's your input on the banks inter cooler system? Not trying to steal the op's thread but I thought of a few more questions that may help him out!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#5 ·
I like this fabricated piece. For the sake of the appearance. I love tig welds and machined aluminum it kinda blows meh skurt up.

Essentially it is replicated from an '05+ OE elbow. My engine is an '04 so I deleted the egr flapper assy.

#6 ·
Wow it's clean under your hood!! That elbow looks great

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#7 ·
My carbon fiber CFM+ Largemouth looks nice but that's about all it does. I may hook up a water/Meth setup and if I do the 1/4" ports will come in handy.

#8 ·
That's about what I use mine for.

#9 ·
Msims02, I have the banks intercooler, it dropped the egt's around 100*, I also have the gogo manifold, it dropped another 100*. I never had either when the truck had the basic first step(tuner, exhaust, egr delete). I put them on after the pmax and 175's went in. I would put the manifold before the intercooler, unless yours is broke or something.

To the op, lilpooh is right, the elbow is of no use by itself. If you get one, just get the banks intercooler kit, it comes with it, plus has better boots.

#10 ·
Dude, you should post a bigger pic of your truck. It looks badass!

#11 ·
Seriously IRONMOVER, that looks pretty beast. Nice clean set up. Appreciate all the input.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.