Raced a 6.7 PSD - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2012, 03:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Raced a 6.7 PSD

Like the title says I played with a very nice 6.7 last night on the interstate. My little ole 6.0 walked all over it from 50+ even let him catch up and did it again at 90+. Not sure if it was tuned but had to have been as we went over 100!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2012, 03:13 PM

What's the powerband like on a 6.7? I know our 6.0's like to stay up compared to a lot of diesels. I've been curious how fast they are. Cool deal!
Old 01-08-2012, 03:15 PM

My buddy has a 2011 F250 CCSB King Ranch with an H&S, 5" exhaust, and an AFE cold air intake. I got mine back from getting the new oil cooler put in and we decided to lock horns out on the highway. I stomped him 3 consecutive times from a dead start in 2wd. And I might add that he has Nitto mud grapplers and I have Firestone Transforce ATs... Then we ran in 4Hi, and he got me right off the line and never got more than a truck length ahead of me. It surprised me my 8 year old piece of junk 6.0L could hang with that big new monster! lol. Win for us 6.0L owners!
Old 01-08-2012, 03:16 PM

Lol yup!! I'm sure loving being looney!!!

Old 01-08-2012, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Mav View Post
What's the powerband like on a 6.7? I know our 6.0's like to stay up compared to a lot of diesels. I've been curious how fast they are. Cool deal!
I'm not sure but it wasn't like racing another diesel it was to easy! And really wasn't sure if I wanted to but he pulled up beside me so...

Old 01-08-2012, 03:18 PM

I'll fess up then, I wasn't even running a custom tune. Just a stock performance file. I've been waiting and waiting to get my truck lined up internally just right before I ordered a custom file. I need to do that soon, then give him another run!
Old 01-08-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.thed View Post
I'll fess up then, I wasn't even running a custom tune. Just a stock performance file. I've been waiting and waiting to get my truck lined up internally just right before I ordered a custom file. I need to do that soon, then give him another run!
Oh yea prolly want even touch u in 4hi then! I love it because everyone talks so much trash about our motors.

Old 01-08-2012, 03:24 PM

I've got alot of respect for the 6.7's, I think they're a heck of an engine. And a few more years of them being out, alot more people are going to start cracking those safes open and really unlocking their potential. But for now, like I said earlier, my pile of junk no running gasket blowing hunk of trash 6.0L can still lay it down pretty dang good.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.thed View Post
I've got alot of respect for the 6.7's, I think they're a heck of an engine. And a few more years of them being out, alot more people are going to start cracking those safes open and really unlocking their potential. But for now, like I said earlier, my pile of junk no running gasket blowing hunk of trash 6.0L can still lay it down pretty dang good.
They sure can

Old 01-08-2012, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msims02 View Post
Like the title says I played with a very nice 6.7 last night on the interstate. My little ole 6.0 walked all over it from 50+ even let him catch up and did it again at 90+. Not sure if it was tuned but had to have been as we went over 100!

So because you went up to 100 mph it had to be tuned? That's the dumbest statement I've ever heard. I have a 6.7 and have hit 100 in stock trim, meaning no tuner. I'm sure your tuned and most likely the 6.7 wasn't. LOL, Whatever!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.