Super Panties/ powermax - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 02:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Super Panties/ powermax

Just got my new truck source diesel super pantie dropper loaded up. Had only ran SRL before the when I got the powermax I got the updated SRL, both are really great. Decided to switch it up and went with TSD (I feel like I cheated on Matt lol) but so far I am impressed. I decided to dance with fate and go super panties instead of the regular pantie dropper and went with the early lock up. Just drove it for 10min to get a feel for it. The early lock up definitely will take some getting use to but I do like how the power really comes on. Didnt do any WOT due to the roads werent dry and I want the tranny to learn first. Oh and the smoke is hardly even there. My smoke test it put it in 3rd at a stop and then hammer down. The SRL would smoke pretty good doing this. The SPD, barely see any. Could be do to the fact that the SPD is giving me more boost though. Will drive her more tonight and on the highway and I hope to see what my EGTs. Will be driving 7hrs to to snowboarding next month so that will be a good mileage test. So far though I'm impressed. Will report back with more later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2012, 02:27 PM
Premium Member

thanks for the right up what did they charge you for that tune?
Old 01-05-2012, 02:28 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Only man who can tune right for the powermax is Chris B, I dont care who says what... ask RobD what he thinks...

Chris B knows his stuff!
Old 01-05-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingranch89 View Post
thanks for the right up what did they charge you for that tune?
$50. I love how for the price of anyones tunes its like you get a new truck everytime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizza pig View Post
Only man who can tune right for the powermax is Chris B, I dont care who says what... ask RobD what he thinks...

Chris B knows his stuff!
Ya I like it a lot so far. I does have a good seat of the pant gain over the SRL, I did do some 3/4 throttle and I was scared to give it more cause I knew she could give me more lol. Only thing is I think comparing the SRL and SPD is like comparing apples to oranges because SRL is non-head stud friendly so it is limited, while the SPD is more of a head stud tune.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Hunt View Post
$50. I love how for the price of anyones tunes its like you get a new truck everytime.

Ya I like it a lot so far. I does have a good seat of the pant gain over the SRL, I did do some 3/4 throttle and I was scared to give it more cause I knew she could give me more lol. Only thing is I think comparing the SRL and SPD is like comparing apples to oranges because SRL is non-head stud friendly so it is limited, while the SPD is more of a head stud tune.
Im running the SPD right now.. and I dont have studs.. granite I dont have a pmax.. But..your right the boost levels are crazy..

Although, you did say you don't have much smoke.. Thats pretty wild, im kinda concerned about switching to Matt's tunes, or Eric's tunes.. If they smoke more than what my truck smokes now with the SPD.. a good 1/2 throttle run from a stop, and i'll put a nice thick coat on the car next to me...
Old 01-06-2012, 10:21 AM

Mine might be cause of the fact that I have a pmax with a batmowheel, but when I had a stock turbo with the SRL 1/2 throttle and go was just a puff. Never just rolled a bunch of coal. I would recommend trying the SRL. I think I'm gonna get rid of the early lock up though. Its just not of me. I think you could get better mileage, especially around down. But for me I dont like going up a hill at 40-45mph and being in 5th gear. Seems like extra strain on the tranny.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:05 AM

Sounds great!
Old 01-06-2012, 11:09 AM

it takes getting used to thats for sure, theres no strain on the transmission at all. You can hit the tow haul button and it will downshift while keeping the converter locked. I dont run the early lockup file, mainly im too lazy to get the file and return to stock and load it. Its definitely not for everyone thats for sure, just have him send you the file with normal lockup
Old 01-06-2012, 11:17 AM

Ya going up a hill for instance the tc wasn't locked in it wa just in fifth gear. I don't know if that has to do with the early lock up or just how he sets up the shifting. I did notice you can hit the tow/ haul to down shift it but I'm lazy like you and don't want to be doing that all the time lol. I might just play with it a little more.and.see how it goes. I did notice the lie-o-meter climbing up though.

Sent from my HTC Hero S
Old 01-06-2012, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Hunt View Post
Ya going up a hill for instance the tc wasn't locked in it wa just in fifth gear. I don't know if that has to do with the early lock up or just how he sets up the shifting. I did notice you can hit the tow/ haul to down shift it but I'm lazy like you and don't want to be doing that all the time lol

Sent from my HTC Hero S
I think that's just part of it, mine does the same thing,

My only gripe with the file, is when I'm getting on the highway, from 60-70 if I'm just cruising, it will stay in 4th until I let off a split second to allow it to shift... Makes my Rpms around 2300 until I let it shift

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.