Programmed with SRL! WOW - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 05:17 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Programmed with SRL! WOW

All I can say is HOLY MOLEY! i woke the beast, i never would have thought with 35" tires it would spin and get sideways. I have a few questions for others with the SRL. How long does it take for the shifting to become more smooth when not under power, has anyone lowered the 5th gear shift point to around 39 or 40 mph instead of 45 for city driving. Also i guess it is better to have a firm shift instead of a smooth shift? but is there any long term damage that could arise? thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2012, 05:26 AM

Also does anyone use the 8k Tow as there daily driver?
Old 01-05-2012, 05:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I ust the SRL. The 8K tow has awesome power but the fuel milage isn't nearly as good as the SRL
Old 01-05-2012, 05:30 AM

As for the shifts, I think mine was about 50 miles of mixed driving. As for using the tow tunes for daily driving, HECK NO!!!!! The SRL is too much fun.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:34 AM

what kind of fuel mileage are you guys seeing? before I put the 20" wheels on I was seeing 16.5 city and 18-21 interstate. after wheels 14.5 and 17 interstate. Now with SRL 17 city and don't know interstate yet
Old 01-05-2012, 05:39 AM

During the summer I was getting pretty good fuel milage. Average was 16-18 with mixed driving. Now I'm closer to 14 due to winter fuel and more idle time. I've never actually checked it during an all highway trip.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:43 AM

I totally forgot about the winter blend fuels, Im in alabama so I thought we wouldn't have as much of the additives as up north because it doesn't get near as cold here....
Old 01-05-2012, 06:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I have been getting 13.5 around town, it deffinately went down compared to stock. But my shifting took about a week for the transmission to smooth out.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:43 AM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
make sure yours tire revs/mile is right on your sct. if thats not adjusted for your 35" tires on the new tune then your shifts will be off. get that adjusted and you will have alot smoother shifts. i bet thats what your problem is. my srl is smooth shifting when cruising and when i get on it hard is when the shifts are firmer. so check that on your sct, i will post a link to a tire size calculator i use. put in the numbers on your tire and it will calculate your revs per mile for you.

Tire Size Calculator - tire & wheel plus sizing
Old 01-05-2012, 07:52 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05P0werStroke View Post
All I can say is HOLY MOLEY! i woke the beast, i never would have thought with 35" tires it would spin and get sideways. I have a few questions for others with the SRL. How long does it take for the shifting to become more smooth when not under power, has anyone lowered the 5th gear shift point to around 39 or 40 mph instead of 45 for city driving. Also i guess it is better to have a firm shift instead of a smooth shift? but is there any long term damage that could arise? thanks
Are you monitoring the gear and TCL with the insight? My SRL shifts into 5th before 45 mph but the torque converter locks up at 45 and it feels like a shift when it does.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.