What mbrp exhaust to get for my 6.0 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 05:00 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What mbrp exhaust to get for my 6.0

Well im been trying to deciede what to do either straight pipe my stock exhaust your just spend the extra money and get a aftermarket one, I think im gonna go with a mbrp but dont know what to get and wanted to see whta you guys recommend. Im looking for the whistle manily and a nice rumble to it, i have a 05 250
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
If you want whistle and rumble then straight pipe is what u want. I would get the 4" or 5" aluminized kit. You want to make sure u get an offroad kit (no cat) turbo back and no muffler. The larger 4" and 5" will give you a deeper tone. The stock system straight piped sounds raspy to me and a 4" aluminized you can find for about 250-275 shipped.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using AutoGuide.Com
Old 01-05-2012, 02:31 PM

Ya my friends dad has the same truck as me and just removed the muffler and cat and left it stock sounded good until he got on it sound to raspy like you said, i want more of the deep tone with loud whistle, would you say going with the 4 or 5" its more tame and not so loud then leaving it stock and removing the muffler and cat? i think i want stainless as im from michigan and plow with it in the winter
Old 01-05-2012, 02:41 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Just remember, if you get stainless, get the 304, the 409 rusts up in no time. the 5'' will give you a deeper tone, but the 4'' is all you need. If you have plans for bigger power adders, get the 4'' DP, if not, 3.5'' DP will do fine. Oh, and if you plan on towing, get a muffled system. A straight piped system towing is a headache makin' machine.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:12 PM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I tow with mine and I don't have a problem with head aches? But if I were u I would do 3.5" down pipe. It's wayyy easier to install than a 4" and to be honest that .5" isn't making that much of a difference. Mbrp uses a 3.5" so u will be fine. I bought ss 409 and it looks like crap. Either get ss 304 or aluminized. I bought aluminized for our f450 and that truck salts so it really gets rusty and the aluminized exhaust looks brand new. So I would just do aluminized. But its your call. Also I bought 4" and wish I would have gotten 5" so if your in between the 2 go with the 5

Sent from my HTC EVO 4Gusing AutoGuide.Com
Old 01-05-2012, 03:19 PM

Really? i would of thought the aluminum would rust more. Not much towing here truck will be mostly stock might do a egr delete in the near future but i want my exhaust first. im just wonderign if i straight pipe it will the cops give me problems or would i be better off getting the muffled one
Old 01-06-2012, 06:01 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I bought the 304 SS 4" and it has a great tone until the turbo spools up. I got my complete system turbo back for around 425
Old 01-06-2012, 06:09 PM

I just installed my MBRP 4" turbo back no cat and it sounds good. For some reason doesn't have too much whistle like I had hoped. I have another thread im waiting on some feedback. But I got aluminized and looks good to me. Took me about 2 hours with some smoke breaks.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 01-06-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05P0werStroke View Post
I bought the 304 SS 4" and it has a great tone until the turbo spools up. I got my complete system turbo back for around 425
Where did you manage to find the 304 for that price?
Old 01-07-2012, 12:31 AM

Yeah, I'm wanting to know the same thing. $425 for 304 ss doesn't sound right to me. That's a great deal!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
The Following User Says Thank You to baycountry16 For This Useful Post:
kazper413 (12-15-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.