Aftermarket Injectors stock headbolts lets discuss - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2011, 04:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Aftermarket Injectors stock headbolts lets discuss

I was roaming around the forum and started to wonder about some Warren injectors with stock headbolts. What really got my thinking was pizza pig if I remember right has aftermarket injectors but stock bolts. Got me thinking does injectors up cylinder pressure making it more likely to pop a gasket or not? Say if a set of 175cc or 190cc with stock nozzle injectors were ran how well would it work. I dont know a bunch on how aftermarket injectors run on a truck compared to stock injectors. Anyone have any insight on this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2011, 05:18 PM

A bigger injector (175cc, 190cc) with a stock nozzle and tuning will have higher cylinder pressures than a 175cc or 190cc injector with a bigger (75% or 100%) nozzle and tuning. It has to do with pulse width, injection timing etc. Honestly I dont know enough about tuning to be able to tell you but Im sure someone will chime in.

Im running "all out" tunes from TSD with my 190's and an 03, where the turbo is maxed out without taking the turbo out of its efficiency range and I still have superior streetability. Some call me nuts but I honestly can say I feel safer ripping on my truck now than before the injectors for that reason I stated above. Its working less hard than it was before and going faster at the same time...
Old 12-28-2011, 06:03 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If I keep hearing responses like pizza pig's, this could turn into and expensive thread for me lol.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:40 PM

I ran 155cc with stock nozzles without head studs for 5 months before I blew headgaskets. But I can honestly say that I don't think it was the injectors that made the gaskets go. Probably something to do with leaving it on the Looney all the time and the truck seeing 30+lbs of boost from wide open assaults daily

I look at it like this, if your putting aftermarket injectors in your truck then its only a matter of time before your going to stud it anyway. With aftermarket injectors, your obviously planning on making more power (eventually) than the stock bolts can handle. So why not run it until they show signs of leaking
Old 12-28-2011, 07:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

If you're going to have the covers off just buy the studs, take the extra time/effort and do the 1 at a time method.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:59 PM

Doing the one at a time method is idiot if you ask me

do it right or do it twice.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:25 PM

Anyone esle got any insight on it? Someone has to know more on injectors and everything
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.