Banks iQ man machine - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2011, 12:56 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Banks iQ man machine

Just wondering if anyone here has used it, it has a lot of cool features that the other monitors don't have. I know everyone here likes the edge cts which i hear is a good monitor, just looking for some input before i make my decision...thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2012, 07:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Wow Im kinda in the same boat...does anybody have a thought on the Banks system?
Old 03-08-2013, 09:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

warning, long post, read if you are interested in the banks system

hey guys, I don't need anyone telling me that banks sucks and I am an idiot, but if you want to just PM me. I am just giving an honest review to people who are interested.

I know everyone always dogs on the banks system, and say it will blow your head gaskets and destroy your trans and all that stuff. I did a lot of research and everyone says banks is junk and SCT is the only way to go because the custom tunes are awesome and SCT tunes the tranny.
And I was fully prepared to go with SCT...BUT I basically got the banks 6-gun and IQ with speedloader for free, so that is what I have, and I love it. I have gone back and forth many times about using the banks IQ as a monitor and getting an SCT x3 and custom tunes from innovative to see what all the hype is about, but honestly I have no complaints with the banks system.

The IQ is awesome, and allows you to monitor basically everything you could possibly want (if you get an EGT probe, which is a MUST) besides fuel pressure which would be nice. Honestly just pick a level you want, and follow the directions so your transmission can learn how to adjust for the added power, and keep it that way, unless you teach the trans again at that higher level. Don't drive it around on level 3 all the time, then decide you want to race and bump it up to level 6 or speedloader, that is how you will destroy your trans. I run speedloader all the time, even when pulling my 4 place snowmobile trailer up to the mountains (which isn't heavy) just watch your EGT's, engine temp, oil temp. and trans temp. You can't expect to just mash it to the floor and not pay attention, unless you have some tow tune that won't get the EGT's to hot, but even then you should monitor your gauges.

Long story short, SCT tuners are awesome, and definitely the best if you want the most horsepower out of your truck, but banks isn't junk by any means. Banks in my opinion has done a great job. On the speedloader setting my truck pulls super hard and will roast my 38" tires off without missing a beat, that being said, my tranny probably won't last long. But also with a locked torque converter like with a custom SCT tune and high horse power something has to slip... and it won't be your tires if you are going over 40mph... If you drive your truck harder than just normal everyday driving, you can expect to have more wear and tear on any truck with any tuner.

Ya, you can blow head gaskets with banks, but stock trucks blow them all the time, and it can even happen on a studded truck. Do the required maintenance and watch your gauges to help avoid this.

Honestly, I would like to get a SCT with an extreme race tune and see how much I like it, which I probably will when I get some extra cash. But for those of you that like the banks stuff and like how the IQ looks and how it functions, its great. I definitely don't abuse my truck, but I get on it a lot and have a lot of fun with it. And I haven't had any issues at all!

It pays to play, so keep that in mind if you want to tune your truck. And for those of you that want a little extra horse power and like the banks stuff, I say go for it!
Old 03-09-2013, 07:22 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Can post up some pics of the display, I'd like to see what it looks like installed and some different PID's.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by superBADduty View Post
Can post up some pics of the display, I'd like to see what it looks like installed and some different PID's.
Ya I can, but will probably be tomorrow if that works. Its a blizzard outside right now and I don't want to start my truck... ah nvm I'll just turn the key on so it powers up. It may take me a while to figure out how to post pictures on here.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
ok, here are some pictures, their is a ton of different setting and options for what parameters you can watch, but this is how I have mine set up. I didn't start my truck for this that is why all the temps are low.
Attached Thumbnails
Banks iQ man machine-img_7425-250x188-.jpg   Banks iQ man machine-img_7411-250x188-.jpg   Banks iQ man machine-img_7413-250x188-.jpg   Banks iQ man machine-img_7414-250x188-.jpg   Banks iQ man machine-img_7415-250x188-.jpg  

Old 03-09-2013, 08:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
here are some more
Attached Thumbnails
Banks iQ man machine-img_7416-640x480-.jpg   Banks iQ man machine-img_7418-640x480-.jpg   Banks iQ man machine-img_7423-640x480-.jpg   Banks iQ man machine-img_7427-640x480-.jpg   Banks iQ man machine-img_7421-640x480-.jpg  

Old 03-09-2013, 08:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

if you guys have any other questions just ask, it seems like no one is willing to give any info on it
Old 03-09-2013, 09:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Re: Banks iQ man machine

Hey thank you for your input on the Banks products. The big part is Banks has spent the money to get their products CARB approved. I live in California, have to get my truck checked, & if I would have bought Banks products in the first place I would not have issues in getting it Passed!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 03-09-2013, 10:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

bartonls,

Hey I have the banks set up and my palm went south on me. I talked to sales and tech and those guys said it didn't support some of the things I wanted to monitor. So, it only doesn't show fuel pressure? I was told it didn't have oil temp either, but see it on one of your pics? So versus the cts, banks only lacks fuel pressure? Thanks for the input.

johnny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.