I am looking for s specific Exhaust - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2011, 08:57 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I am looking for s specific Exhaust

Hey guys, I am a newbie here and I have done tons of reading throughout my 2 years of searching for my F250. I am well aware of alot of tips and recommendations for the 6.0L. I have a 2006 F250 Crew Cab lariat FX4 with 50k miles. This weekend I will be checking the ECT vs EOT. I then will proceed to install my coolant filtration kit, and new oil cooler and fill with an ELC.

Now that I have said that, I am debating on an exhaust system or keep factory. Pretty much I am looking for a better flowing system with low cost and keeps the cruising quiet in the cab and outside. I would like a little bark when romped on tho but like I said, I want it quiet as possible inside! Any suggestions?

I want an SCT with tunes from innovative sooo bad but do you guys recommend without studding?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2011, 09:16 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Check out performancetruckproducts.com and look at their mbrp exhausts. They have good prices. I got an aluminized one from them for around $400. A for the tunes just tell them you're not studded and they can set you up with a safe tune.

Sent from my HTC Hero S using AutoGuide App
Old 12-28-2011, 09:44 AM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
a quality and cheap kit i would have to say is aluminized diamond eye 4" kit. depending on your local emission check or if you even have one, i dont, but i would delete the cat then put use the flow through design muffler the kits come with. i did a total straight pipe with no muffler or cat and it isnt very loud inside just cruising but when u get on it you hear it. a muffler will keep it even quieter and give you lower egt's. another option if you have emission check is to just do cat back with or without a muffler. before my straight pipe i had cat back duals with no muffler but still had a cat and it had a nice rumble at wot but still you wont notice much in egt difference and perfomance, just a little sound. you should be able to get turbo back 4" aluminized with muffler for under 300 shipped you just have to look around. i paid 330 for my 4" ss 409 straight pipe with 6" tip.(DO NOT GET SS 409, it looks like crap and is surface rusted almost right away. thre aluminized on our f450 is holding up great through the salt, the only rust is a little on the bolts for the clamps)
Old 12-28-2011, 09:46 AM

Check couple places I bought my exhaust for 270 turbo back. Now you can get a catback exhaust so it runs stock cat which will help keep it quiet and u can run a muffler to help also. For tunes like said above just tell them stock head bolts and you will be good.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:53 AM

Thanks guys! Much appreciated. My buddy use to have a silverline on his duramax and it seemed quiet. Im not sure if it was cat back or turbo back.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:47 AM

I would like a system with a muffler, just because I do not want this to be loud in the cab etc....anymore input anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.