Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Cat delete

4K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  smokersteve 
#1 ·
So I have a dump question. I live in CA. .. Unfortunately, and my question is can I "delete" the cat without really looking like I did? What I heard from my older brother was you can take the cat out and ram a bar through it and make it hallow. What do you guys think? It needs to look like I have a cat so that seems like my only way to delete it...

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#4 ·
I too know what you mean living in ca. What I did was welded some 3.5-4 in adapters to my cat. Measured it, then cut that much out of my exhaust and held the piece that I cut out with some exhaust band clamps. So now if I need an emissions test I just unbolt the bands and throw in the cat and tighten her up. After its done just put back my homemade delete pipe back in.

Sent from my HTC Hero S using AutoGuide App

#6 ·
yea i gutted my cat and its not like gutting the cat on a gasser but it works there is a lot of "honeycomb" in there and it takes a air chisel with a long chisel or about a 5" prybar to get enough force to pop through

#8 ·
I am putting my exhaust on this week with the cat delete pipe and keeping the cat in the shed. Cats are expensive so I do not want to pulverize it, and I have a friend that is going to do my smog checks so I am in the clear. But when I sell it someday I want to be able to put on a fully functional cat. I live in nor cal too and if I was in the next county I would be in the clear but in my area it is only visual inspection by a average joe smog shop.

#14 ·
Does anyone that did a complete cat/muffler delete regret it. No for me there's never really too loud but there is obnoxious. Does anyone feel its just too much?
muffler delete isn't that loud, but a cat delete gives you a loud jet sound and a really loud whistle that is loud...

Look on youtube

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.