Suncoast and sct tuning - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2011, 03:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Suncoast and sct tuning

Destroyed my trans at 160k. Innovative extreme race tune daily driven, alot of towing throughout the week too.

Bought a new built 5r110 suncoast trans. Run the same tuning? or does the trannie tuning need to be changed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2011, 03:41 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I believe that the tranny is controlled by the TCM and regardless of the tune it will still have to learn the shifting regardless of the tune given it.

Therefore, I say that your current tunes will be fine. Now since you have a stronger transmission, there may be something the tuner can do for some different shifts. IDK. JMO and hope it helps.
Old 12-25-2011, 06:10 AM

wow, i thought it was only edge that killed transmissions??????
Old 12-25-2011, 06:20 AM

Did you tow with the Extreme Race? How much did the new tranny run you if you don't mind telling?
Old 12-25-2011, 06:35 AM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
Can't help - I run a tune Innovative built for me ( I believe Josh runs the same tune ) after I was studded. It is basically their Extreme Race with a few changes and I daily drive it - have been for a long time. Now the only thing I haul is azz and my quads. Sucks about your tranny, these things are supposed to be bulletproof. The tune I run acts like a lite shift kit - goes into gear PERFECT. No breaking your teeth, no over rev into gear, just a quick nice shift over stock.
Let us know how it all goes buddy - Merry Christmas.
Old 12-25-2011, 02:36 PM

I got the mid grade trans, not economy and not the comp. Its just call thier 5r110 torqueshift. With a couple billet pieces added on to that, complete trans ready to install with shipping it came to around $5400. $2k core charge as well.

I have to disagree with the sct killing transmissions. I drive my very truck hard, it tows a heavy dump trailer 5 days a week, it does get drag raced, launched in 4 wheel drive, and plows snow. I really lacked on changing the fluid also, it had been over 70k since it was last changed.... I'll add too that I'm not that upset that it happened because of 161k miles of those driving habbits and a truck doing that much work its expect if you ask me.
Old 12-25-2011, 04:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to FastFocus
i've been running Xreme Street in the summer and Tow Aggressive in the winter from Eric, i tuned my truck at 40k miles and my trans died at 104k. Got a brand new trans from Ford installed by my truck dealer.
I believe the internal pump died but i never found out exactly what went wrong. I thought the 5r110 was supposed to be bullet proof too, but we'll see how this new trans does.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.