Edge Evolution - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2011, 11:03 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Edge Evolution

Just got the Edge Evolution for my 05. It says 15 added hp for econ and 60 hp for towing and 100 for street (I dont plan on useing). I will be mainly using it for ECT,EOT, ECT, and fuel economy.

How much is to much HP for a all stock motor except for stock straight pipe?

Where is a good spot for the ECT? Any pictures around to use as refferecne? I have seen a video where they tapped into the down pipe a few inches behind the turbo.

Thanks for the help

2 Stroker I did get all the emails. All in a zip folder. Thanks again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2011, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by "WTF" Stroker View Post
Just got the Edge Evolution for my 05. It says 15 added hp for econ and 60 hp for towing and 100 for street (I dont plan on useing). I will be mainly using it for ECT,EOT, ECT, and fuel economy.

How much is to much HP for a all stock motor except for stock straight pipe?

Where is a good spot for the ECT? Any pictures around to use as refferecne? I have seen a video where they tapped into the down pipe a few inches behind the turbo.

Thanks for the help

2 Stroker I did get all the emails. All in a zip folder. Thanks again
Glad you got everything and don't use there tunes it will kill your trans when it comes to HP get the SCT X3 have it tuned for stock HG's. If you mean EGT you have it 3-Gauge Install Pictures
Need some numbers on your ECT-EOT give us an update
2 stroker

Last edited by 2 stroker; 12-26-2011 at 01:29 PM.
Old 12-25-2011, 06:08 AM

bought my edge evolution used off a buddy of mine. he had it on his f250 for 2 years running the extreme tune....no trans problems. i've been running extreme tune on my truck since i got it and NO PROBLEMS.
Old 12-25-2011, 06:42 AM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
Quote:
Originally Posted by "WTF" Stroker View Post
Edge Evolution for my 05. It says 15 added hp for econ and 60 hp for towing and 100 for street
Cute little tune.
Old 12-25-2011, 07:47 AM

If you meant EGT, I used the link 2 stroked out up and it went good. Don't use the downpipe. Use the manifold. As for the tunes, some may have gotten by with them. Some haven't- maybe a lot haven't. Personally, I wouldn't "risk" blowing a tranny.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Mav View Post
If you meant EGT, I used the link 2 stroked out up and it went good. Don't use the downpipe. Use the manifold. As for the tunes, some may have gotten by with them. Some haven't- maybe a lot haven't. Personally, I wouldn't "risk" blowing a tranny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 stroker View Post
Glad you got everything and don't use there tunes it will kill your trans when it comes to HP get the SCT X3 have it tuned for stoch HG's. If you mean EGT you have it 3-Gauge Install Pictures
Need some numbers on your ECT-EOT give us an update
2 stroker
Thanks guys
Im new at this game and want to be carefull. We have a 24ft 5th wheel by keystone and a 18ft lund. I thought i would be good with this set/up for what i have. I want to use the ecom for better MPG and the tow tune for towing our stuff. I am ordering the blue spring and banjo bolt (what ever the bolts do) next week and should have the Edge and cooling filter system next week to. I will tackle the EGR and flush then change the oil cooler in a few months.:

I did mean the EGT
Old 12-25-2011, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Mav View Post
you risk blowing a tranny just driving your truck. regardless of the tune or tuner. there is a recent thread just a couple down from this one that was sct tuned and blew the trans.
Old 12-25-2011, 03:42 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I would say driving around like your hair is on fire all the time will do it to, regardless of tuner. There are people running the commonplace tuners all over my area and some have had great success, while others have had bad luck. The occassional wot run is fine, but everyday will kill anything. I believe the sct setup helps prolong the death of a tranny, but mechanical parts have there limits.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Tranny gone

Well, I have an edge evo and lost my tranny...put a reman in, is the anything I can do with the evo besides burn it?
Old 08-23-2013, 03:56 AM
...swamp trash...

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worktruckluv View Post
Well, I have an edge evo and lost my tranny...put a reman in, is the anything I can do with the evo besides burn it?
Depending on what model you have, have it turned into an FICM tuner from PHP for $150. Only as long as its not the one that plugs inline with the PCM and its just the standalone monitor/tuner. That's what I did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.