Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Quarter mile times with srl tune and exhaust?

15K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  mustangman02232 
#1 ·
With my truck you see in my sig with the mods it has, what should my 1/4 mile times be comparing the sct performance tune with the srl tune? Also is it best to launch in 4hi? i have the manual floor shift 4x4 with manual locking hubs. Ive never hit the quarter mile before so what should i expect. thanks

#2 ·
Just tune and straight pipe, my truck ran a 14.1 at 93.3 mph. I have the video I will post up if ya want. That was the first time ever on a drag strip. I believe it can make it in to the 13.9 area with some practice

#5 ·
I built over 10psi and my 14.1 launch, my stereo fell out of the dash, I don't have it clipped in because I was in the middle of putting audio stuff in. 4wd hi boosted. It will be difficult with you because of it being manual 4x4. I didn't lock my hubs and just through it into 4 hi and switched it off before I turned off the track. You don't want to be turning on pavement with it in 4wd.

#8 ·
you ran a 14.1 cuz your a single cab. my 06 ran a 14.9 and that was the fastest i could get it. my brothers 04 ran a 14.6 but i could have gotten it to a 14.5. both trucks were boosted 4x4 launches. they are also both 4 door and long beds. that should give you a good idea

#10 ·
I ran 14.49 in altitude here in Colorado with my SRL and straight pipe. I launched around 10-15psi in 4hi with OD off. Here is the video....

#12 ·
the fastest i ever had my truck run was a 15.3 2wd non booseted launch idp x-race tune and mods in my sig.. u-joints were shot at the time didnt want to have peices all over the track.

#13 ·
Holy HUGE SIG PIC Ben!!:poke:hehe:

#15 ·
Don't get me wrong, it looks good, I can see EVERY detail of your bumper, lights, tire tread, rims, etc. I think I can even see an ant on the ground. :hehe:

#17 ·
im having the same issue idk what to do with manual 4x4 and hubs

#19 ·
I have manual hubs and the floor shifter, Leave it in 4 hi til your run is done, I pull to a stop at the end before turning and take it out of 4 hi, Leave hubs locked in.

#20 ·
ok, thats what i didnt know, if you left it in 4x4 through the whole run

#21 ·
4 wheel boosted launch at about 12 psi, leave it in 4 wheel all the way down the track and hit 2wd before you turn and leave the hubs locked. my first run was in 2 wheel drive with a 5 psi boosted launch, ran something like 18.2 @ 90 mph with almost a 6 second 60 foot:hehe:

4x4 boosted was doing 13.9 and a 14.1, i had a full tank at 7000 pounds and it was 100*, the 13.9 was the last run when it finally cooled down to about 90*:doh:. if i could get some 50* weather i see mid 13s, low 13s if i run on a quarter tank, get rid of the tailgate, spare tool box etc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.