Some Concerns - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2011, 01:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Some Concerns

This spring I am hoping on doing some long overdue modifications to my truck. I currently have a straight 4in exhaust,sct,egr delete, oil bypass filtration system. And I plan to take the truck somewhere to have the head studs done. Now this is where i have a few questions. I would like to get either 205 or 225cc injectors along with a set of twins and the mods to support these (airdog, regulated return, afe intake,HPOP) But running with this kind of setup am i still going to be able to tow and hook to the sled? also can anyone tell me the power range I would be making with this setup? id like to get it into the upper 500s or low 600s. Im also not stuck on the twins but I think it would neat to try. (I also hate turbo lag) Thanks for any input. Just kinda looking for some direction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2011, 01:25 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Oh boy. There is nothing cheap about twins. Either injector will get the job done but I recommend 205s so you wouldnt need an aftermarket HPOP. A properly spec'd set of twins will allow you to tow, sled pull, drag race, whatever. You will most likely need a heavier duty transmission and will easily be up in the upper 500s if not into the 600s with the right tuning. Check this link out.

towing 12k with 225's video - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Old 12-23-2011, 10:28 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Be prepared to spend around $20,000 if you buy all new parts. There is a lot you can do to knock down some of the cost, but it takes a lot of your time up. the tranny will run at least 5k. then the injectors, turbos, pump, piping, etc... The end result is awsome, well until something like u-joints in my case drop a deuce. Then there is another excuse to spend more money and put bigger and badder stuff on and show off.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:43 PM

Well thats what im trying to do now is gather up a list of what to get. Just by looking at your signature it looks like you are running a pretty similar setup to what I am looking to do. How do you like it? Any flaws?
Old 12-23-2011, 08:01 PM

Only one, the cost of it all.

I would stay with 205cc sticks. Mainly because on my truck(others are different) It maintains 4000 psi of hpo(high pressure oil.) the bigger the stick, any bigger than that and you could run into hpo pressure losses. I would advise you to get the strongest parts for the transmission. do it once and never worry again.

the power on my setup is in the high 600's on the race file and high 500's on tow file. It's a hell of a lot more than the pmax and 175/100's I had before. I know that much.

I towed a 12k load to try the tow tune out and never saw over 1350 egt's. that was going up over bays mountain, long steep grade.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:14 PM

Thanks for the info, its a big help. My original plan was a set of 190s and a powermax but then i decided that just in case that wasnt enough power id better go with a set of twins. also where did you get your injectors from? I think elite has a pretty low price but havent herd good things about them.
Old 12-24-2011, 04:21 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

I personally wouldnt do a powermax if you plan to do twins. I would start with either a 62 or 64 mm non-VGT (if you go with the 64 then get a diverter valve) so you could use that as your high pressure turbo in your twin setup in the future. 190/100 injectors would be fine and definitely throw you over 600hp with a 62/70 high pressure turbo and a s475 low pressure turbo.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:05 AM

He's got a point. Buying a pmax now would be a waste of money. A 62/70 would make a great turbo with 190/100's to start off with. by itself, it will be fairly smokey, but nothing unruly. If you have some extra cash, try a 64 batmo(s364 on their site). I have that charger and am extremely pleased with it.

I would suggest live tuning. The over the phone tuning would work, but live tuning helps get things where you want them, or as close as possible.

My sticks came from warren diesel.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:34 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

[QUOTE=kdogg85;2817516] If you have some extra cash, try a 64 batmo(s364 on their site). I have that charger and am extremely pleased with it. [QUOTE]

Do you think a 64mm batmowheel with 190/100s could tow 12k?? I only need my setup to tow that much because I am not going to put in a fifth wheel hitch.

I am pretty much decided on the fact that I AM going to go with 190/100 injectors and really just want a turbo that will provide the right amount of air to use up most of the fuel I can with a single turbo that will still spool fast enough to tow with. I.e. a 66mm would provide more air than a 64 but would probably lag too much where a 62 might just be a little too small but would spool very fast.
Old 12-25-2011, 03:32 PM

That would still be pushing it. The batmowheel is an upgrade, but it is not the cure for cancer(like some think the pmax is). You could, just watch the egt's. I have heard it spools like a 62mm and flows like a 66mm. I have no way to confirm that though. A diverter valve is a must though.

If you tow like that all the time, I would just wait and do the whole shebang at once. The gogo intake and an intercooler will help out alot. I had and still have these with the pmax and 175/100's, and on the tow file, it would barely crest 1100 wot and up a long steep hill. I know the live tow file I had was way more than stock on power as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.