Powermax warrenty - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2011, 12:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BLKF250
Powermax warrenty

purchased a power max turbo from PTP in june paid $1,199 wit a one year warrenty thought it was a good deal until i sent them my turbo the week of thanksgiving so 3 to 4 weeks ago because the turbo wasnt spooling right nor functioning properly after having there in house garrett rep look at it all i get back is something went through the turbo because the turbine wheel (exhaust side) has a chipped vane inside the wheel meaning from the outside everything looks normal they dont no what went threw it they just said something went threw it clearly nothing went threw the intake side and the truck has an air filter then you have your oil line that comes from the oil filter housing means the oil is filter by the filter itself and the oil screen before it gets to the turbo i believe only way something got in there is from the exhaust side of the truck or something internal broke inside the turbo which i have a feeling that might be it because the truck ran great when everything was working but when the turbo went out clearly its not going to run right . i even asked was the intake side ok they said yeah just that something went threw itanyways something went threw the turbo thats what ive been hearing for 3-4 weeks it took them a week and a half to 2 weeks just to tell me that everytime i call PTP speak to nate or eric all i get is we have heard nothing back if i new things would of been like this when i brought the turbo i would of never of purchased it sorry if this came off as a strong post i just want to see what other people think about this i use the truck for work its been down for nearly a month because garrett or PTP doesnt want to help out to tell me what wrong they just want to make a purchase iam very upset and as far as customer service goes i feel like iam getting treated like garage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2011, 12:10 PM
Premium Member

Man! That was tough to read!

Hope it works out for you!
Old 12-21-2011, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsedge View Post
Man! That was tough to read!

Hope it works out for you!
I got a headache and my eyes feel weird after that! To the OP who installed the turbo? If PTP isn't trying to help you out I would try contacting Garrett directly.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNS4x4 View Post
I got a headache and my eyes feel weird after that! To the OP who installed the turbo? If PTP isn't trying to help you out I would try contacting Garrett directly.

i installed the turbo wit my buddy who ase cerf diesel mechanic who works up the street from me at ford we even followed the directions word for word that came wit the turbo we even let the truck run until it got to operating temp just like the directions i think we actually waiter a little longer....i sent and email to garrett and the funny thing is PTP found out i sent them an email and so did the garrett rep that didnt do anything besides the garrett rep sending the turbo to garrett head quarters in CA trust me LNS4x4 ive tried everything in my power that i can i have had it wit both companies ive spent a few thousand dollars with PTP ( it might not be that much to them but in my eyes having ur own business every penny counts) i think iam gonna take my money and go somewhere else
Old 12-21-2011, 12:50 PM
'Merica

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I don't think the warranty provided covers damage caused by foreign objects. Sounds like there could be an underlying issue. Not so much the turbo's or ptp's fault, likely something came loose or maybe an egt probe was installed.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, but it happens. Get over it and don't blame others.

Also, I know your frustrated, but long winded rants only do yourself a disservice; please use correct punctuation and spell check next time.

Thanks.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:04 PM
Don't you worry about it

IdidntseeanythingwrongwithwhathetypedIdontknowwhyi twashardforanyonetoread?
Old 12-21-2011, 01:13 PM

We are terribly sorry for the issues you are having and we are doing everything we can to try and get you taken care of. According to the regional Garrett rep, something has damaged the turbine. When something like this happens, warranty is voided unless it is something caused by Garrett (this has never happened). Giving you the benefit of the doubt, we sent the turbo to Garrett to have them take a look and give us some more insight on what the problem is/was and what could have caused it. At this point, the turbo is out of our hands and we are at their mercy. I am not sure exactly what is taking so long with it, but believe me when I say we are in contact with them daily trying to get an answer. If this was an obvious Garret issue or PTP issue, we would send you a new turbo and take it up with them. As soon as we get an answer back from Garrett, you will be the first to know. Thanks for your patience in this matter.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:18 PM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Thanks for commenting, Nate. Nobody can fault you guys for not trying to make the customer happy.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:21 PM
'Merica

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The above post by Nate is the reason I look forward to buying products from ptp after the christmas shock wears off.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:22 PM

all i wanted to know was if it was going to be covered by warrenty or not. I didn't think it would take a month to find that out. After the turbo was put on the truck never had anything else done to it. Like i said in the first post sorry if I came off a little strong i am just upset all I want to know if it would be warrenty or not. That was the point I was trying to make
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.