Who has the cleanest tunes? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2011, 01:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Who has the cleanest tunes?

Like the title says...who has the cleanest tunes. Of course with the most power, studless. Looking for stock turbo/injector comparisons. Currently running the SRL. Pretty happy with the lack of smoke. Just wondering if there were others with little smoke and more powah!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2011, 01:46 PM

I have had hypertech, now I have Looney. Vivian said some 6.0s just smoke, some dont. Mines a smoker.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:08 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
when I had the the basic tune, exhaust, egr delete goin' on, I had the srl and loved it dearly. Every truck is different, but from reading the millions of threads on this subject, the srl seems to come up time and time again as the best for overall for power, smoke, and streetability.

Now, when the basics wear off and the bigger lungs and lunch trays are on on your mind. find a live tuner that is worth his/her weight in platinum, strap it to the dyno, and get exactly what you want. Low smoke and tire obliterating performance. There are other things to do before that, very expensive things I might add. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:08 PM

SRL is already what you are describing. You probably don't feel its full potential because your truck is stock. If you are unstudded and stock I don't think you should be going to a higher horsepower tune unless you wanna have expensive problems later on. Just my 2cents.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:43 PM

I run Vivian's looney tune and love it. Now that said I really have no intention on changing either but jmo. My truck has plenty of power and only smokes when u first nail on throttle.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 12-19-2011, 03:52 PM

gearhead and Truck Source are the most smokeless at the power level theyre at. So theres your decisions.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNS4x4 View Post
SRL is already what you are describing. You probably don't feel its full potential because your truck is stock. If you are unstudded and stock I don't think you should be going to a higher horsepower tune unless you wanna have expensive problems later on. Just my 2cents.
Now, stock being just the turbo/injectors. I'm deleted, 4" turbo back, along with all the little "mods". Pretty happy with the SRL, just wondering "if the grass is greener" with another tuner/tunes.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:25 PM

I think Vivian has a any 3 tunes for $100 package or something along those lines. try em out.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:32 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pizza pig View Post
gearhead and Truck Source are the most smokeless at the power level theyre at. So theres your decisions.
I have TSD's SPD tune and it only smokes a little until the turbo lights and then there is hardly any smoke. The truck runs cool EGT wise, shifts GREAT, and HAS great power. In all honesty you can't ask for more from a tune IMO and then throw in the fact that Chris only charges $50 for it and is great to deal with, I would't look anywhere else. JMO.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:47 PM

See my sig for mods.

Im running Erics tunes on an SCT. Extreme Street, Tow, and Economy.

I havent run the Extreme since going back to head bolts.

With the Tow tune, I can still spin my 33" MT's for a good 100' from a stop with no brakes.

It smokes a little on the first romp, but its not black smoke. Just a little gray haze.

I love my tunes, I need to get restudded so I can get back on the Extreme tune. I could put the truck sideways like I used to with my 02 Stang...........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.