SCT iTSX?? Lemme Know! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2011, 07:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SCT iTSX?? Lemme Know!

Aight guys,

Been looking at getting the iTSX for my 06. I haven't yet done the headgasket/studs, probably after xmas rustle and bustle calms down. I mainly want the device for the gauges, plus it allows for tuning. Anybody have this? Can you add the EGT option? Just wondering been looking around and can't find too much on this thing.

Also, whats the increase with the tuning? My uncle has an 04 with the banks six-gun system and I'm wanting to stomp him in the dirt to show that SCT is better than pretty much all. I had the x3 in my f150 and loved it with just exhaust and tuner. I wanna run him in the dirt with just a tuner and studs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2011, 01:05 AM

ANY SCT custom tune written by IDP, Gearhead, or Quick Tricks will nuke that lame six-gun. Nuff said.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:06 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Hell the stock SCT tunes will spank the 6 gun.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:55 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
From the last I heard, custom tuning isn't supported. Here is a post about it, Ken@SCT responds on post #48.
SCT iTSX for iPhone, iTouch, IPad. Coming soon!
Old 12-15-2011, 06:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Yeah! I called my shop and he sai that the latest update allowed customs! Im just wondering if the system it's self is worth a darn! Just Always been a hardwired guy just dunno of I trust the Bluetooth yet seeing as how not many people have this system.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 12-15-2011, 06:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

The iTSX will support custom tuning in the near future, until then for the 6.0L the preloads are really good, yes the EGT is supported, need the probe kit and an additional cable from SCT. Performance preload will add about 120-150 hp to the vehicle, as long as you are easy on the pedal and put in the tow tune when towing gas mileage will increase and the heads will not lift, iTSX should be able to be custom tuned by end of first quarter 2012
Old 12-15-2011, 10:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Ok cool deal. But is it as reliable as the x3 with the pillar gauges per say? I'm gonna do my studs but I'm currently In a cast and on crutches due to a military related injury that led to surgery.

I guess the reason I started this thread is to figure OT if it'd be better to get the iTSX or gauges on the pillar w/ an x3?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 01-03-2012, 11:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

iTSX update

Alrighty...Have had my iTSX from Hucksdorf Desil in Franklin, WI for about a month now and here is what I know...

pros-
-Tunes are awesome and really make truck fly. REALY makes straight exhaust bark!
-ran performance for a week(dangerously fun), switched to street for daily driving(ave 15-16mpg, 19-20mpg hyw on truck computer...more like 13-14/16-17). Both seem to get better mpg than stock if you can stay off it
-EGT probe is available(I have, but not installed...keep reading), needs to have a separate cable ordered($80) and spliced into another cable to plug into dongle thingy.
Cons-
-Three gauges max
-Bluetooth interface is intermittent, usually have to reset unit or ingnor/reconnect device on iPod once a week.
-EOT readings not available, thus did not install EGT probe... no deltas
-Trans temp reads "0" all the time.
-1639 code every time I start truck, clear code every time or live with engine light.
-Does not correct spedo in dash(SCT says Ford computer wont recognize any changes under 600rev/mi, mine is 580)
-No custom tunes available yet...SCT is working on it...

SCT says there will be updates soon(1 month ago) to remedy most of my issues, but I will be returning and switching to a diff set up if I dont see anything in January, I at least want to know my deltas.

Obtw, my degas bottle is doing a little vomitting, I kinda expected that!
Old 01-11-2012, 06:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

There is now custom tuning available for the iTSX--holds up to 10 custom tunes
Old 08-21-2012, 07:03 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I bought this yesterday, and red the instructions before I left the parking lot, they are very simple. Plug in, pair bluetooth and begin. So I tested out the gauges and they worked well, went to program and got and error, it told me to "return to stock if vehicle does not start" my truck didn't start so I hit "return to stock" and unfortunately got and error here to, could not start my truck, had to have it towed and reflashed. I'm going to try one more time, if the same thing happens it will be going back..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
itsx, sct

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.