Looking for a new custom tune... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2011, 06:38 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looking for a new custom tune...

I bought a used SCT with the Extreme street, Tow and Mileage tunes (innovative) on it and ive been running the XS. Yet ive not seen any MPG improvements but i did see a tad with the MPG tune AND the XS shifts funny sometimes when driving quickly. And im not that much of a heavy foot, i dont usually blow smoke. Anyway, im thinking of of a comparable tune, if not a race tune. Just looking for ideas and experience of people who maybe had shifting issues and/or maybe used a few diff. tunes. Im looking into the looney, and something from gearhead. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2011, 06:40 PM

I love my tunes from Matt at Gearhead.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

The Looney from Vivian or the SRL from Matt are both great tunes. The customer service from both of these tuners is the best out there. They will get the tune to your liking.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:00 PM

Im also hearing good things about the TSD super pantie dropper also...
Old 12-13-2011, 07:03 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
what has already been mentioned will probably get you what you want. I have TSD's Super Panty Dropper with early lock up tune and like it A LOT. Very SMOOTH driveability and IS definitely a great Street/Race/Daily Driver/Maybe light tow tune as well. JMO.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrunner408 View Post
what has already been mentioned will probably get you what you want. I have TSD's Super Panty Dropper with early lock up tune and like it A LOT. Very SMOOTH driveability and IS definitely a great Street/Race/Daily Driver/Maybe light tow tune as well. JMO.
Windrunner, how much are TSD's tunes? I'd like to try the SPD, but their website sucks. I guess it's still under construction. I've heard good things about this tune. Whats your take on it?
Old 12-13-2011, 07:35 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Their tunes are $50 for the first one $75 if you get two and $100 for three I think.

My take on this tune is that it is my first "custom" tune. Nevertheless, I have tried the canned tunes and the PPE Xcelerator and to be honest I truely dont know what more one could ask for out of a tune.

I have not noticed a real loss or gain in fuel economy with the tune. It VERY powerful with a nice smooth linear application of power and not a light switch.

The BEST part IMO is the transmission shifting. When I first loaded the tune the transmission was smooth and then after a couple of accelerations to 50 mph the transmission relearned everything and it is like butter. VERY smooth, firm shifts.

EGTs are low for me as well. Even when OAT was 70F EGTs at 10-12psi of boost were 700F while crusing down the highway going up a hill. Now I have an intercooler so that probably helps things and I have not done a WOT run to 100mph or 1/4mi race or anything like that so I dont know what peak EGTs would be. Right now though with OAT being in the 30s when i go to work, EGTs hover around 550-600F while cruising at 70F.

Chris is great and quick with turn around. I have never had to ask for a change to the tune either. My truck runs great with it as a DD/Street tune and I dont think I can really ask for more from my truck without stepping it up with injectors and turbo. Hope this helps.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:14 PM

Did you just email them or are they a member here?
Old 12-14-2011, 05:06 AM

I have tunes from the three in my sig and I have to say that they are all great tunes. They all haul azz. I get the best mileage out of Matt's SRL tune though. I have heard of some people having problems with all of the tunes, some people blame it on "my truck doesn't like that tune." The only way to know which one is best for you/your truck is to get them all. They are not expensive at all. The customer service with all 3 are awesome. I ordered my tunes and withing 45 min had them in email.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:29 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Contact Vivian at Quicktricksauto.com. For the Looney tunes. Great programmer and perfect customer service. I've benn using her for years.Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.