Anybody install the DP Tuner/Driven Diesel RR fuel system? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2011, 04:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anybody install the DP Tuner/Driven Diesel RR fuel system?

After looking deeper into putting a system together for my self, and seeing what "pre-made" kits were out there, theirs seems the most thought out, AND reasonably priced.

I tried to contact different companies to see if they would sell their hard stainless tubes/lines for the rear of the heads, and no one will sell them alone. I see this as a must, to have the heat resistance being mere inches from the exhaust system. If I had a set of stainless lines for the rear, the rest of it would be easy to fabricate.

I think Im gonna pull the trigger on this setup this week. Start with this, then after Xmas go and get a sump, Aeromotive fuel pump, and a dual Racor setup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2011, 05:04 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I used the ITP/driven/strictly diesel RR kit and it is a very HIGH quality kit. However, if I were you I would wait until you can do the whole fuel system at once because that way you can delete the factory fuel bowl and actually buidl everything at once and dont need to needlessly spend money on the RR kit.
Old 11-24-2011, 05:32 PM

Technically speaking, there really is no need to bypass the factory fuel bowl, right?

Once you delete the crappy stock regulator, add in return lines from the rear of the head, the fuel bowl basically becomes a "tree" for all the fuel lines. And it never hurts to have the extra filter.

If you have a kit like this, then add an Aeromotive pump with external filtration, a sump in the tank, a new feed line from the pump, the only thing left stock is the return line. Or am I missing something?
Old 11-24-2011, 05:37 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

No you are not missing anything. Everything is exactly as you described and if you wanted to you could just pull the filter out the bowl and use the bowl as you described, a tree.
Old 11-24-2011, 05:37 PM

as far as im concerned theres no way to bypass the stock regulator without deleting the fuel bowl. The regulator is in the fuel bowl.

You dont need hardline banjos to the rear, plenty of these aluminum an/JIC fittings fit back there no problem... people are just afraid to run them.

Im going to buy fittings and fuel line from the local parker dealer and will build my own in a few weeks when school is done and I have more time for my own truck
Old 11-24-2011, 06:31 PM

Hey PP, the main thing I am worried about is the heat melting the PTFE/braided/rubber hoses being so close to the up pipes. Those soft lines are only rated for 450* +/-. I would have to imagine being that close to the pipes those lines will get a chance to become hotter than that.

I agree, you can use something else other than banjo bolts at the back of the head.
Old 11-24-2011, 06:52 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

If you are that worried about it just wrap your up-pipes and problem solved. That is what I did and I got rid of that POS heat shield on the back of the motor. Not to mention that air makes a REALLY good insulator and with fresh fuel running through on the otherside, I wouldnt worry too much about it. JMO.
Old 11-24-2011, 06:56 PM

I agree, or you could use hardline and compression fittings on the back of the heads and not use banjos....
Old 11-24-2011, 07:49 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
DP tuner makes outstanding stuff. Ran their stuff on my 7.3L, had ID tunes on my 6.0s and was not happy, switched to DP tunes and was night and day better, also DP has the best customer service in the buisness.
Old 11-25-2011, 05:54 AM

Flexible lines for the rear of the heads is really not a necessity. Braided steel hose is designed to withstand heat greater than what it will get on these trucks. I would say the max heat transfer you may see on this would be 300*F on what is DIRECTLY behind the up-pipes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.