Twins on my mind! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2011, 07:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Twins on my mind!

I been thinking of doing twins for my truck. Has any one ever done a twin set up with the stock turbo? We did a twin set up on my friend LMM and it was pretty simple, Stock with a S475, not my truck is calling! Has anyone done a twin set up with the stock 6.0 turbo and a s475? Or what would be a good mate turbo with the stock?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2011, 07:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

as far as I know, no one has successfully done it... Some claim the back pressure would be to high, but I bet wastegated up pipes would cure that. Some have said the tuning is hard to get right... if it were that easy everyone would be doing it.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:17 PM

Funny thing this got posted.... We are going to attempt this on our shop truck, wastegating is not an issue we got a 38mm and 46mm laying around, the question at hand is what secondary turbo should be used.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:20 PM

I'm interested to know the same. All my Durajunk buddies are always screaming twins
Old 11-20-2011, 07:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred@PMM View Post
Funny thing this got posted.... We are going to attempt this on our shop truck, wastegating is not an issue we got a 38mm and 46mm laying around, the question at hand is what secondary turbo should be used.
Are you ganna use a stock garrett as a small or change that one out too? What would be a good mate with with stock 6.0? Or should it be replaced? Then the kit will get pricey.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:50 PM

Interesting Fred,im very curious now, you should start a thread and post progress. I think and s474 would be a perfect primary
Old 11-20-2011, 10:22 PM

Don't think it's worth the trouble. Pretty sure shawn went threw at least 3 trying to get it to work. Our VGT turbos just cant take the extra stress added when compounding boost into them. They arnt very sturdy, just ask anyone who has had a powermax with 190s for a extended period of time. Not saying it isn't possible tho.

I think 62/68/70 and s475/88/1.10 and have a blast and not have to worry about the tuning and such. That's what's in store for my 06

Last edited by 06powerstroke06; 11-20-2011 at 10:29 PM.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06powerstroke06 View Post
Don't think it's worth the trouble. Pretty sure shawn went threw at least 3 trying to get it to work. Our VGT turbos just cant take the extra stress added when compounding boost into them. They arnt very sturdy, just ask anyone who has had a powermax with 190s for a extended period of time. Not saying it isn't possible tho.

I think 62/68/70 and s475/88/1.10 and have a blast and not have to worry about the tuning and such. That's what's in store for my 06
what did you set up dyno at? I like it alot! what was the build cost with the turbos?
Old 11-21-2011, 03:41 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Te easiest way to go is either elite or innovative diesel. They both have kits, either for towing or all out performance. My truck is apart right now for a s366/s474 cobo with 205cc sticks. I am going to run diverter valves on both chargers to help with spoolup. do not forget about a fuel system as well, that will be needed.

If you haven't dug into it to far yet, be ready for the bank account to go on a wild ride. I'll have over 10k in my setup and that is with me doing alot of the work, and getting help from a truck shop to bend up the pipe.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:23 AM

never dynoed my current set up, (s366 and s483 compR) my high pressure is shot.

im over 10k but i built my bottom end as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.