Smoke switch?........ Really??..... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree6Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2011, 04:16 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Smoke switch?........ Really??.....

Ok.... I'm just trying to talk one of my fellow morons out of doing this so called "mod' called a smoke switch... It is when you hook a switch up to your VGT to shut it off and make the truck smoke like a *****. I personally think it is the STUPIDEST thing ever (sorry to offend the people who like it). But people like that are the reason why the government is cracking down on diesels. You got some woman driving and along comes Billy Badass blowing smoke all over her. Turns out she is the politician's wife and now you got even more people pushing to phase out light duty diesels. Anyway.. Other than the dumb factor what is the damage caused by doing this? Apparently blowing up turbos was not enough to ween him away from the idea. And i know the 6.0's aren't exactly bullet proof stock. He praised this "harmless" idea to me like he just discovered the eyes of Christ. lol. Thanks.

P.S. Sorry if I'm venting. lol.

Last edited by ParesMotorsports; 11-17-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2011, 04:26 PM
Once you go black......

Send a message via MSN to CanadianDiesel
Yeah you're completely right...it was fun for a lot of folks, and midly entertaining years ago, but it's gotten old and makes the truck look like a piece. Everyone else has figured it out, and are cracking down on diesels as we all know...
Good on ya for talking him out of it
Old 11-17-2011, 04:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Smoke on purpose is a real douche move. Any truck thats tuned will put out a puff now and then, but to use a smoke switch is retarded.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:41 PM

I'm Trying to get it though his thick head that the purpose of a diesel is to WORK and TOW. Not to be a douche. And i do agree that a puff here and there or a quick shot of smoke once in a while is ok and fun but not everyday all day. He bought it right after i got mine because he thought diesels were "bad ***". He got a deal on it but it came with all the problems of neglect already well seasoned in. And now he wants a smoke switch.....
Old 11-17-2011, 04:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Put a plastic bag over his air filter. Tell him all the big HP guys do it to decrease turbo lag. See what is reaction is.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:52 PM

Making a diesel smoke intentionally is like turning up the acetylene all the way on a oxy acetylene torch. Its a nice big flame and smoke like hell but it don't cut dick. Add the oxygen and make a SMOKELESS flame it will cut thick iron I beam like butter. So to sum it up smoke is just wasted fuel that makes no power.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:02 PM
What u talkin bout willis

Send a message via AIM to REDPOWERSMOKER Send a message via Yahoo to REDPOWERSMOKER
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParesMotorsports View Post
Making a diesel smoke intentionally is like turning up the acetylene all the way on a oxy acetylene torch. Its a nice big flame and smoke like hell but it don't cut dick. Add the oxygen and make a SMOKELESS flame it will cut thick iron I beam like butter. So to sum it up smoke is just wasted fuel that makes no power.
Friggin excellent wording.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Tell your friend to get on here and post up about a smoke switch, or better yet tell him to get on Powerstrokearmy and ask about a smoke switch. Those guys will not cut him any slack. He'll probably never mention it again.
scparrish likes this.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:08 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesilvas View Post
Put a plastic bag over his air filter. Tell him all the big HP guys do it to decrease turbo lag. See what is reaction is.
I like that
Old 11-18-2011, 05:32 AM

He should have saved some coin and bought an old 6.9 or 7.3 IDI N/A, all swmoke all the time, or if he has an 03 he could just send me the turbo and intercooler etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.