MKM custom SCT tunes? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2011, 05:20 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
MKM custom SCT tunes?

Im looking to buy an sct tuner.. finally.. for my truck after deciding not to install my banks bullet that i blew over $300 on. At mkm customs, if i buy an sct sf3, i get 3 of their tunes for free. This is ideal for me because im not looking to run the generic tunes that are already included on all new sct tuners for my truck, and im not looking to spend extra money for any of the gearhead tunes. So whats the word on mkm's tuning? I have bought a few odds and ends from their online store and their service is excellent.

heres the link SCT SF3 3015 Power Programmer/Tuner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2011, 05:27 PM

I have an SCT from them with their custom tunes and they're great! I love the tow tune with turbo brake.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:29 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I don't know of any vendor selling the SF3 with custom tuning included in the price, usually it's the X-3 they sell that includes custom tunes in the price.

I may be wrong here, but you might want to check into it.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have the sct from mkm in my 6.0 n the tow settings are good but street n performance it surges it could be my truck but I have all good injectors n fuel pressure so idl but it dose jump off the line like crazy n rips the tires up n smokes alot when I get on it added alot of power but surges other then that it's good
Old 11-15-2011, 05:34 PM

JMO, go with Innovative, there are several vendors on here that carry there tunes. Most sell for $429 I believe with 3 Customs.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:48 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Yea for the money I would just buy a SF3 and get tunes from TSD. Their tunes have a very smooth transition of power and no surging. Get a quality tune from a proven tune writer and you'll be glad you did.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:15 PM
Premium Member

I bought the SCT tuner from MKM with the three custom tunes.When you get the tuner you will have to get strategy code from truck,tell about mods to truck email to Mike and then he will email you back wiyhin 3 buiness days.I had ecomony,tow,street,at time I didn't have studs, so tune was tailer to that.Eco was a feel of pants differance, tow was a little better, street was what I liked the best.I heard of Matt from gearhead( great guy) and contacted him to buy three custom tunes from him.I studded the engine and then asked for 8000 tow, SRL+, and SRL Extreme.Can't tell you about 8000 tow never put it in,put SRL+ in.The differance was like night and day from MKM tune, only had tune in for about half day and drove to work with it.When I got off work I then decided to install the SRL Extreme, holly s*** truck acted like my old hopped up 67' big block 390 Mustang.The truck I think would have taken the mustang,in 1/4 mile.There is not one day that doesn't bring a smile face and giggle to breath using this tune, 379.00 MKM, Matt's at gearhead priceless(I think 425.00 but well wroth it)wished I tried him first.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:24 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to 2003kingranch
My first custom tunes were from MKM. Mine surges too. Someone had a thread about it.... Anyway they don't shift great and the power is all up top. Still better then canned Tunes. No smoke,and good mpg. I'd order one from Matt. With slr ect... His slr tune is amazing. I also have x street from innovative. It rates like MKM tunes to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Old 11-15-2011, 08:23 PM

Do eco tunes even work for their purpose? Would i be better off with just running one tune all the time, say a SRL? compared to 3 different tunes for 3 different purposes? And i never do any towing so i dont care for that. Im just looking for one good tune that is good on fuel and has good characterists for normal driving (staying out of it), and being able to haul some a** as well when i want to, again without switching tunes. That would be my ideal tune
Old 11-15-2011, 08:46 PM

yes you can run the srl with towing light weight and its still a dailey driving tune and it will haul plenty of a$$ for you haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.