MKM custom SCT tunes? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 11-15-2011, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
MKM custom SCT tunes?

Im looking to buy an sct tuner.. finally.. for my truck after deciding not to install my banks bullet that i blew over $300 on. At mkm customs, if i buy an sct sf3, i get 3 of their tunes for free. This is ideal for me because im not looking to run the generic tunes that are already included on all new sct tuners for my truck, and im not looking to spend extra money for any of the gearhead tunes. So whats the word on mkm's tuning? I have bought a few odds and ends from their online store and their service is excellent.

heres the link SCT SF3 3015 Power Programmer/Tuner

8 Is the magic number when it comes to trucks.. 8 lugs, 8 foot bed, 8 cylinders
8/03 F250 - Diamond Eye 4in TB with cat delete, Banks Monster muffler, AFE 6in Tip, SCT with TSD Mild Panty Dropper, 2'' Shackle Level

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 11-15-2011, 06:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
I have an SCT from them with their custom tunes and they're great! I love the tow tune with turbo brake.

Darrell

'03 F-350 6.0L C/C SB FX4 SRW
SCT X3 w/tunes by MKM
MBRP exhaust-turbo back
EGR delete
ARP studs
OEM gaskets
ELC coolant & filter
MTW Stage 1 turbo w/billet wheel
FPR (blue spring)
'04 upgraded front cover
BPD fan clutch adapter/w 7.3 fan
stator delete
All-aluminum intercooler(upgraded OEM unit)
Amsoil bypass oil filter
Insight CS monitor
Harley headlights
2008 rear diff. cover
EnviroSave powertrain treatment,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 17 Old 11-15-2011, 06:29 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I don't know of any vendor selling the SF3 with custom tuning included in the price, usually it's the X-3 they sell that includes custom tunes in the price.

I may be wrong here, but you might want to check into it.

2004 F350 CC DRW King Ranch
X-3 tunes by DJ'S,QT,GH,ID. Gryphon FICM tunes, ARP studs,Stage 1turbo,ATS coolant recirc lines,Swamp's 48v ficm,coolant filter,AD2,Snow Perf stage II,EGR delete,4" turbo back straight pipe,S&Bintake,Quad "A" pillar autometer gauges,Suncoast Tri Disk Conv.,Billet input shaft,Suncoast superduty rebuild kit,Trans-go shift kit,Mag-Hytec trans pan,CFM+ elbow,ccv mod,15K reese 5er,17" LCD TV/DVD,Cobra 29 Nitewatch CB
post #4 of 17 Old 11-15-2011, 06:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have the sct from mkm in my 6.0 n the tow settings are good but street n performance it surges it could be my truck but I have all good injectors n fuel pressure so idl but it dose jump off the line like crazy n rips the tires up n smokes alot when I get on it added alot of power but surges other then that it's good
post #5 of 17 Old 11-15-2011, 06:34 PM

JMO, go with Innovative, there are several vendors on here that carry there tunes. Most sell for $429 I believe with 3 Customs.

Performance Machine & MFG.

Manufacturers of High Quality EGR Delete Kits for 6.0L, 6.4L, & 6.7L Powerstroke Diesels
Toll-free: 877-408-3256
E-mail:

post #6 of 17 Old 11-15-2011, 06:48 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Yea for the money I would just buy a SF3 and get tunes from TSD. Their tunes have a very smooth transition of power and no surging. Get a quality tune from a proven tune writer and you'll be glad you did.

Nate
2006 F350 (BACKYARDIGAN) - 67mm Turbo, 215/85 injectors, WPE intake manifold, NB/Warren Trans, and more stuff that I don't care to mention....
2006 F250 (LITTLE DURTY) - WPE Manifold, Up-pipes, EGR delete kit, and Tuned By ME

BULLET PROOF DIESEL 1-888-967-6653
KC TUROS - Not just a modified Powermax...

WINDRUNNER PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING

post #7 of 17 Old 11-15-2011, 07:15 PM

I bought the SCT tuner from MKM with the three custom tunes.When you get the tuner you will have to get strategy code from truck,tell about mods to truck email to Mike and then he will email you back wiyhin 3 buiness days.I had ecomony,tow,street,at time I didn't have studs, so tune was tailer to that.Eco was a feel of pants differance, tow was a little better, street was what I liked the best.I heard of Matt from gearhead( great guy) and contacted him to buy three custom tunes from him.I studded the engine and then asked for 8000 tow, SRL+, and SRL Extreme.Can't tell you about 8000 tow never put it in,put SRL+ in.The differance was like night and day from MKM tune, only had tune in for about half day and drove to work with it.When I got off work I then decided to install the SRL Extreme, holly s*** truck acted like my old hopped up 67' big block 390 Mustang.The truck I think would have taken the mustang,in 1/4 mile.There is not one day that doesn't bring a smile face and giggle to breath using this tune, 379.00 MKM, Matt's at gearhead priceless(I think 425.00 but well wroth it)wished I tried him first.
post #8 of 17 Old 11-15-2011, 07:24 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to 2003kingranch
My first custom tunes were from MKM. Mine surges too. Someone had a thread about it.... Anyway they don't shift great and the power is all up top. Still better then canned Tunes. No smoke,and good mpg. I'd order one from Matt. With slr ect... His slr tune is amazing. I also have x street from innovative. It rates like MKM tunes to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

[/URL]

[CENTER]2012 King Ranch
22k deleted at 1k
5" FLO-PRO
S&B Intake
Sinister Egr Delete
MiniMax/ SPE Tunes
466/953 on 37's
6" 4 link
37's on 22's
Bags and compressor
RBP mudflaps
transfer tank tool box.
9" 2" poly boss v blade
Should have kept my 6.0.....
post #9 of 17 Old 11-15-2011, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Do eco tunes even work for their purpose? Would i be better off with just running one tune all the time, say a SRL? compared to 3 different tunes for 3 different purposes? And i never do any towing so i dont care for that. Im just looking for one good tune that is good on fuel and has good characterists for normal driving (staying out of it), and being able to haul some a** as well when i want to, again without switching tunes. That would be my ideal tune

8 Is the magic number when it comes to trucks.. 8 lugs, 8 foot bed, 8 cylinders
8/03 F250 - Diamond Eye 4in TB with cat delete, Banks Monster muffler, AFE 6in Tip, SCT with TSD Mild Panty Dropper, 2'' Shackle Level

post #10 of 17 Old 11-15-2011, 09:46 PM

yes you can run the srl with towing light weight and its still a dailey driving tune and it will haul plenty of a$$ for you haha

2008 f250 ccsb 4x4 lariat.. 8 inch lift, 24in fuel hostage, 40in ss m16, Arp studs, egr delete, street diesel performance down pipe, intake elbow and cac pipe, Diesel site boots, xrt pro with kem tunes, s&b intake, 5 inch exhaust, edge cts, tinted mirror lights, pioneer 8400 double din, hid headlights and fogs, two jl audio 13tw5 with rockford 1500 watt amp, jl audio door speakers and tweeters, prestige 2 way alarm and remote start.

00 f350 lariat 7.3 cc lb. (the worker)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode