Code after egr delete - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2011, 06:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Code after egr delete

I have an early 2003 build that I now have a po401 egr flow inefficient. I know it is from the delete kit even though I left it plugged in. I thought that the 03-04 wouldn't flash an egr code when deleted. How are they monitoring flow? Any ideas other than buying a sct? I have an edge juice platinum with attitude on it now. I know I know, it was cheap and I use it to monitor pids and the turbo cool down timer. BTW I have done the MBRP 4 inch turbo back no muffler kit and have seen a drop of 2 mpg and a loss of throttle response. Any ideas on where to start?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2011, 07:20 PM
information regurgitator

You can get your ECM reflashed to exclude egr function. It will cost you $150, and you can also have a tune installed on it at the same time (no extra charge since the flash/tune is also $150). The downside of this is you have to either remove your ECM and ship it off to them, or get on the waiting list (which may be months long).
Power Hungry Performance - FICM Reprogramming

EDIT: An if "a house on a street" just so happens to be in another country other than the US of A, you will have to ship them your ECM. They do not ship the programmers out of the country anymore due to the wait time at customs.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnutz View Post
I have an early 2003 build that I now have a po401 egr flow inefficient. I know it is from the delete kit even though I left it plugged in. I thought that the 03-04 wouldn't flash an egr code when deleted. How are they monitoring flow? Any ideas other than buying a sct? I have an edge juice platinum with attitude on it now. I know I know, it was cheap and I use it to monitor pids and the turbo cool down timer. BTW I have done the MBRP 4 inch turbo back no muffler kit and have seen a drop of 2 mpg and a loss of throttle response. Any ideas on where to start?
Any recent trips to the dealer? Some of the most recent flashes from Ford have been causing this issue......
Old 11-15-2011, 07:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

No trips to the dealer that I know of. It has been under my watchful eye since we got it off the transporter. I do have an otc genesis scanner but I do not know if I can see what version software it has. Really don't know where to look with it. If it had been updated wouldn't my edge not work? I do believe it is an older version of it. I am at a loss at this point.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnutz View Post
No trips to the dealer that I know of. It has been under my watchful eye since we got it off the transporter. I do have an otc genesis scanner but I do not know if I can see what version software it has. Really don't know where to look with it. If it had been updated wouldn't my edge not work? I do believe it is an older version of it. I am at a loss at this point.
The OTC Genesis is lacking many important things for Powerstrokes, granted its been over a year since I have messed with one but even then there was no way to see actual tune revision or strategy codes.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:04 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'm a little confused, is your CEL flashing or just the code comes up with no CEL?

From my understanding is, the '03-'04 will throw the code but no CEL comes on.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:51 PM

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Depending on how new the stategy is, any year can throw a hard code and set the light. 03-04 models, and early 05 models with the original tuning didn't throw a code, but if it has been flashed, all bets are off.

My 05 never had a light, or a code when I deleted it. Just left the valve installed and plugged in.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilpooh View Post
I'm a little confused, is your CEL flashing or just the code comes up with no CEL?

From my understanding is, the '03-'04 will throw the code but no EL comes on.
Latest flashes throw the light no matter what, sure the EPA has had there hand in that move......

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide App
Old 11-16-2011, 05:14 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I thought the latest flash for the '03-'04's was VXAP2N2. This is what I have, and no CEL pops up when I'm tuned back to stock, but the code is there.

Is there a newer flash than this?
Old 11-20-2011, 06:19 PM

Mine tossed a code and a light but power is still there. Ill have to get a custom tune with that stuff turned off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.