I think it's done. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 11-14-2011, 08:45 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Country Mav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Evans, Louisiana
Posts: 609
Thanks: 6
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I think it's done.

Well, they just called and said my truck is finished. Head studs, Oil Cooler Replacement (And cleaning of related cooling components), mysterious #5 injector that apparently died while sitting on the bench, Timing Cover, Oil Change and I don't know what all else. $5,110.00 It's more than they originally told me, plus the fact that I didn't get the programmer from them (575 for an SF3 !?!) which should have knocked the price down at least 575... so I don't know what's going on. Any tips before I go down there. I already told them that the injector can be had for 220 from other dealerships (instead of 300+ from them)... I've got a bad feeling again...

2005 F-250 Lariat FX4 CC SB
Sinister EGR Delete
Diamond Eye 5" Turbo Back Straight
OEM Gaskets and ARP Studs...
SCT X3 (Quick-Tricks tuning)
S&B Intake
Edge CTS
Full Syn 15w-40
High idle mod
PMM Coolant Filter
Rebuilt FICM with Atlas 40

2006 F-350 XL RC/Flat Bed
EGR Delete
SCT SF3 (stays on tow agg)
FARM TRUCK


Diesel spark plugs are the bestest spark plugs....

Last edited by Country Mav; 11-14-2011 at 08:52 AM. Reason: forgetfulness
Country Mav is offline  
post #2 of 12 Old 11-14-2011, 08:59 AM
information regurgitator

 
NYC F-350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Epping, NH
Posts: 6,350
Thanks: 37
Thanked 270 Times in 246 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well, it sounds as though they have you over a barrel. You might try CALMLY discussing this with the service manager and/or owner of the dealership to work something out. Just don't expect too much out of that.
NYC F-350 is offline  
post #3 of 12 Old 11-14-2011, 09:34 AM
Real Men of Genius
 
Super Diesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,333
Thanks: 1
Thanked 25 Times in 24 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC F-350 View Post
Well, it sounds as though they have you over a barrel. You might try CALMLY discussing this with the service manager and/or owner of the dealership to work something out. Just don't expect too much out of that.
I second that, you could also check the Lousiana State forum section here and see if there are any reputable shops that could perform the work for you. I have family back in Louisiana and have met a few guys on here who could probably refer you to a good shop. Good luck man.

Chris | 2005 F-250 RCSB | "Ranger - Turbo Diesel V8"
CED Compounds - Conventionals - Supporting Mods
Super Diesel is offline  
post #4 of 12 Old 11-14-2011, 02:26 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
rdunagan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Kerrville
Posts: 863
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
dont get the SF3 from them at that price you can get a new one with custom tunes for that. as for the rest of it do what the other guys have said

2009 Ford F-350 FX4 4x4, H&S 300HD, MBRP 5" DP back exhaust, S&B intake, sinister egr delete, 4" BDS lift with fox shocks, 20x12 fuel nutz, 37" toyos, Custom painted headlights by me


SOLD: 2006 Ford F-350 4x4 King Ranch,ARP Head Studs and all the works
rdunagan is offline  
post #5 of 12 Old 11-14-2011, 02:55 PM
haters gonna hate 24/7.
 
blueovalman14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Deer Park, Tx
Posts: 3,801
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Mav View Post
Well, they just called and said my truck is finished. Head studs, Oil Cooler Replacement (And cleaning of related cooling components), mysterious #5 injector that apparently died while sitting on the bench, Timing Cover, Oil Change and I don't know what all else. $5,110.00 It's more than they originally told me, plus the fact that I didn't get the programmer from them (575 for an SF3 !?!) which should have knocked the price down at least 575... so I don't know what's going on. Any tips before I go down there. I already told them that the injector can be had for 220 from other dealerships (instead of 300+ from them)... I've got a bad feeling again...
have it towed to powerstroke magic in houston.

It would be half of the 5110!



2012 F-150 CC/SB 4x2 Lariat

2005 F-250 CC/LB 4x4 Lariat (Blue/Tan)- Traded In

2005 F-350 CC LB 4x4 Lariat (DSM/Tan) ---> RIP 7/16/2010 (Stolen)

1995 F-350 F-350 CC LB 4x4 XLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftkr View Post
Maybe Choctaw will let you start the LSP Itty Bitty F1Fitty Daycare Chapter????
blueovalman14 is offline  
post #6 of 12 Old 11-14-2011, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Country Mav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Evans, Louisiana
Posts: 609
Thanks: 6
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well, the truck is back home now. It runs good, but it won't hardly crank... They stuck a used Motorcraft battery on it because mysteriously both of my batteries died... and it'll barely start. I showed them the Tousley Ford price on injectors and they balked... but took another 90 dollars off of their "discounted" price... The job cost me 5,020.19... which is much less than the total that they tried to stick me with during the course of the month that my truck was down. If I had not argued on several things... I'd have paid another 3,000 for heads, 575 for a programmer, 374 for the injector and 2 batteries. It would've cost me almost 9 grand if they'd had their way... I'm happy to have the truck back, but I won't be doing any business with Hixon Ford again. While in line, I was talking to other customers and I don't think there was a happy customer in the joint. I didn't realize that Hixon had gone down so much in recent years... Anyway, thanks so much y'all for the advice throughout this process. I really do appreciate it! Now i just can't wait for my X3 and CTS from Stealth to come in!

BlueOvalMan- If I'd known about the place in Houston, I'd have sure thought about makin' the trip!! Next time....

2005 F-250 Lariat FX4 CC SB
Sinister EGR Delete
Diamond Eye 5" Turbo Back Straight
OEM Gaskets and ARP Studs...
SCT X3 (Quick-Tricks tuning)
S&B Intake
Edge CTS
Full Syn 15w-40
High idle mod
PMM Coolant Filter
Rebuilt FICM with Atlas 40

2006 F-350 XL RC/Flat Bed
EGR Delete
SCT SF3 (stays on tow agg)
FARM TRUCK


Diesel spark plugs are the bestest spark plugs....
Country Mav is offline  
post #7 of 12 Old 11-14-2011, 05:44 PM
BACKYARDIGAN


 
windrunner408's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Swartz Creek, MI
Posts: 4,816
Thanks: 30
Thanked 132 Times in 92 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Well if you have to buy new batteries, I recommend you just go to autozone and get their duralast batteries. They are around $200 or so for two. Best of luck and hope she runs good for awhile now. You will love the CTS. Best upgrade I ever did to my truck, except the stack.LOL

Nate
2006 F350 (BACKYARDIGAN) - 67mm Turbo, 215/85 injectors, WPE intake manifold, NB/Warren Trans, and more stuff that I don't care to mention....
2006 F250 (LITTLE DURTY) - WPE Manifold, Up-pipes, EGR delete kit, and Tuned By ME
BULLET PROOF DIESEL 1-888-967-6653
KC TUROS - Not just a modified Powermax...

WINDRUNNER PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING
WWW.WPEDIESEL.COM

windrunner408 is offline  
post #8 of 12 Old 11-14-2011, 05:47 PM
Once you go black......

 
CanadianDiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 2,514
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to CanadianDiesel
That's alot of pesos! Glad you're mobile again...Sucks that your dealer screwed you around like that. There's good ones and bad ones.... Shop around

Then & Now

Matt
'99 F-350 4x4 7.3L
6637, 4", chip; far too many upgrades to list.
Coming soon: Rigid Industries Lighting, Nav, On-Board Air.
Latest mods: Line-X, '08 Black Leather Captain Seats (Lariat), Trans, EGT and Turbo Gauges; TS chip, Chrome Delete.

02 VW Jetta TDI - 40mpg
CanadianDiesel is offline  
post #9 of 12 Old 11-14-2011, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Country Mav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Evans, Louisiana
Posts: 609
Thanks: 6
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks for the battery tip! Canadian Diesel- That is one FINE truck. Very nice!

2005 F-250 Lariat FX4 CC SB
Sinister EGR Delete
Diamond Eye 5" Turbo Back Straight
OEM Gaskets and ARP Studs...
SCT X3 (Quick-Tricks tuning)
S&B Intake
Edge CTS
Full Syn 15w-40
High idle mod
PMM Coolant Filter
Rebuilt FICM with Atlas 40

2006 F-350 XL RC/Flat Bed
EGR Delete
SCT SF3 (stays on tow agg)
FARM TRUCK


Diesel spark plugs are the bestest spark plugs....
Country Mav is offline  
post #10 of 12 Old 11-14-2011, 06:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor
 
MWilbur516's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dallas, GA
Posts: 5,820
Thanks: 81
Thanked 146 Times in 94 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Mav View Post
Well, the truck is back home now. It runs good, but it won't hardly crank... They stuck a used Motorcraft battery on it because mysteriously both of my batteries died... and it'll barely start. I showed them the Tousley Ford price on injectors and they balked... but took another 90 dollars off of their "discounted" price... The job cost me 5,020.19... which is much less than the total that they tried to stick me with during the course of the month that my truck was down. If I had not argued on several things... I'd have paid another 3,000 for heads, 575 for a programmer, 374 for the injector and 2 batteries. It would've cost me almost 9 grand if they'd had their way... I'm happy to have the truck back, but I won't be doing any business with Hixon Ford again. While in line, I was talking to other customers and I don't think there was a happy customer in the joint. I didn't realize that Hixon had gone down so much in recent years... Anyway, thanks so much y'all for the advice throughout this process. I really do appreciate it! Now i just can't wait for my X3 and CTS from Stealth to come in!

BlueOvalMan- If I'd known about the place in Houston, I'd have sure thought about makin' the trip!! Next time....
I had the same kinda sh*tty experience with Hardy Family Ford here in Dallas GA, but I ended up getting a dude from Ford's corporate office involved and the truck was taken to John Bleakley Ford in Austell. They were great. Hardy had my truck 47 days out of a 2 month period and could not fix it. John Bleakley had it diagnosed within' 2 hours of receiving it and I had it back in 7 business days with new Hg's, ARP's, oil cooler, egr cooler, new o-rings on the crank sensor, new starter and that includes the time I had the heads at the machinist. They did a total cab-off install and all I paid for was the ARP's (400) and the starter ($275). I tell everyone I can to avoid Hardy Ford in Dallas GA like the plague and the guys at John Bleakley Ford in Austell cannot be beat for competence and flat out wonderful customer service.

Matt | 2006 F250 XL FX4 6.0L 485RWHP and 968RWlbs-ft
Vision Diesel Performance503-487-6074
http://www.visiondieselperformance.com/
https://www.facebook.com/VisionDieselPerformance
BULLET PROOF DIESEL 1-888-967-6653
TWISTED TRANSMISSION Contact me for a quote on a trans with the best warranty in the business.
MWilbur516 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome