Exhaust - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2011, 05:12 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exhaust

Im wanting an exaust for my 04 6.0 there is plenty to choose from, and i was just wondering what all of you guys perfer. I currently was given a bully dog power pup from a friend of mine and was wondering what exhaust to go with and if most was doing turbo back or cat back. Im sure this has been a topic more then once so sorry but im new to the game. p.s. and wheres the best place to order from. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2011, 05:33 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight321 View Post
Im wanting an exaust for my 04 6.0 there is plenty to choose from, and i was just wondering what all of you guys perfer. I currently was given a bully dog power pup from a friend of mine and was wondering what exhaust to go with and if most was doing turbo back or cat back. Im sure this has been a topic more then once so sorry but im new to the game. p.s. and wheres the best place to order from. thanks
Are you wanting to retain the catalytic converter? Really there are tons of different options out there, budget is a huge factor as well. If your looking for 4" Stainless Turbo-back the Magnaflow 17922 is a great option, we also have 15% off ALL MAGNAFLOW Systems. If your just looking for Aluminized check out our Diamond Eye kits, let me know if I can help you further.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:59 AM

yes budget is and issue i dont really want to spend a whole lot. Mainley just light sound and maybe a fuel milage increase no big power needs if that makes any since. I will check out your diamond eye kit and see what it looks like.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:03 AM

I have an "04" as well. Just did my exhaust and shocks yesterday. I went with the MagnaFlow TB, no cat, muffler, stainless. I was a little disappointed with MagnaFlow. My 5" chrome tip was dented, (Waiting for a replacement) and I was missing 4 clamps. I would have expected better quality control. To be honest I really don't notice a lot difference in sound with the MagnaFlow muffler verses stock. I do a lot of work on my truck myself and in my opinion this is not a DIY job. My mechanic and I spent about 3 hrs on the install.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:04 AM

The diamond eye looks great and price is awesome is there a big horsepower difference between the turbo back and cat back and know there would be a big sound difference. Once again im sorry im very new to the diesel pickups.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:06 AM

wnsniper let me now if you see a increase in fuel milage the diamond eye kit for performancmachinemfg looks real nice im thinking very hard on it i dont think it comes with a tip though.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:10 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnsniper View Post
I have an "04" as well. Just did my exhaust and shocks yesterday. I went with the MagnaFlow TB, no cat, muffler, stainless. I was a little disappointed with MagnaFlow. My 5" chrome tip was dented, (Waiting for a replacement) and I was missing 4 clamps. I would have expected better quality control. To be honest I really don't notice a lot difference in sound with the MagnaFlow muffler verses stock. I do a lot of work on my truck myself and in my opinion this is not a DIY job. My mechanic and I spent about 3 hrs on the install.
Sounds like a shipping issue on the dents, but as far as missing parts go, we have not really had issues like that with Magnaflow before, it can happen with any kit thats why its so important to make sure everything is there before you start cutting. Magnaflow's quality overall is second to none in the industry, there kits fit much better than any others out there period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight321 View Post
wnsniper let me now if you see a increase in fuel milage the diamond eye kit for performancmachinemfg looks real nice im thinking very hard on it i dont think it comes with a tip though.
Diamond Eye does not include a tip but there are other viable options that are affordable on our site. The Diamond for the price point is great quality, when compared to other systems of comparable price the quality of Diamond Eye is much more than that of others. If you have questions and want to talk about them, PM me you phone number and I will give you a call.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:38 AM

I put a MBRP 4" TB straight pipe on my 06 and have no complaints and love it. Sounds awesome, cheap, and very easy install!
Old 11-12-2011, 10:47 AM

thanks everyone for the inputs it's all real helpful
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.