More woes... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2011, 03:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
More woes?

Well, I guess I have some good news. My truck is studded now, new gaskets, new oil cooler and everything is apparently clean. Bad news is that now that it's put back together, my #5 injector is bad. And he said my batteries won't hold a charge. It never ends apparently. Tuesday, he called and said my timing cover was damaged and needed to be replaced but that he had one and hooked me up. It's just snowballing. Anybody else had an injector go bad after installing head studs? And this is a dumb question, but are the injectors actally in the heads? If so, I may have some other injectors in this other set of heads. I'm just frustrated. I love this truck, but DANG when does it end? Ok, I'm done griping.

Last edited by Country Mav; 11-10-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2011, 03:35 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Well I dont know about the injector going bad. If a HPOP just fails out of the blue like it did on me when I got done doing my head stud install then I guess its not to far of a stretch for an injector to go bad. If they were idiots and left your batteries on the concrete floor then maybe that could ruin them. The injectors are underneath the valve covers in the rocker box and the main body and nozzle sticks into the head. If your other heads have the rocker boxes (holds the rocker arms and what have you), valve covers, and what not on there then maybe the injectors are in there but I doubt it.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:08 PM

Sounds like the dealer should be coughing up on this one, if it wasn't bad before and as soon as they put it back together its bad, likelihood is they did some sort of damage to it. A week or so later I would say just coincidence but not even left the dealer I don't think so.....
Old 11-10-2011, 04:26 PM

I was sort of wondering about that... I mean the truck ran GREAT when I brought it in... The mech ( who really does seem like he's trying to help me) says that it must be since everything was disturbed... Says he's seen it happen a couple of times before. STILL though, I'm thinking that it oughta at least be a shared cost... There was nothing wrong with it before. As for the batteries, it sounds like they were on the floor. I can't imagine why they would be but he as much as told me that since they'd been sitting out of the truck that they may have been drained- (Sucks because it was two good Interstate Batteries) I'm ready to have this thing back on the road- I've been seriously overloading my 93 half ton Ford in the 05's month long absence. I bought this truck to use, not work on, lol. I've done more to the 05 in 3 months then I have done to the 93 EVER!
Old 11-10-2011, 05:36 PM

well sorry to say but interstate has done nothing but failed me in the past years. just last year alone i went through 4 sets of interstates and thank gosh they were under warranty. i dont live in a cold climate nor do i have alot running off of them they are just crappy and yes my alternator is good. anyways on the injector id make them pay for it who knows he might have dropped it while taking it back to put in and just doesnt want to say anything. if it ran great before and didnt after then it should be on them. ive heard of a push rod bent right at start up but thats because the motor wasnt turned over by hand to make sure everything was good. a bad injector on the other hand ive never heard of right after a stud job. and if it got disturbed what do you think happens every time the truck starts..... they get desturbed so ya id make that one on them
Old 11-11-2011, 04:58 AM

The injector didn't fail because it was disturbed, it failed because he damaged it. They don't have tempers and quit working because you disturbed its natural habitat. I wouldn't pay for the whole injector, even if you did a co-op deal and paid half then you are being too nice.

As for the batteries, interstate has left me stranded a few times.

Hope you get it all worked out!

-Matt H

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 11-11-2011, 06:49 AM

^^^^ this guy and i are both thinkin the same way he just put it in fewer sentences. glad im not the only one with interstate problems. glad i got those suckers outta there
Old 11-11-2011, 06:58 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Interstate batt's failing is no big shocker. They have been garbage for about a decade since Johnson controls became their supplier

Same with Optimas
Old 11-11-2011, 07:42 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
IMO for the money it is tough to beat duralast batteries.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:32 AM

Well, the manager wouldn't go on the injector. He came down on the price to 307 but that was it. I got mad and they labor rates got adjusted to account for the price of the injector... The truck is running good though and is being flushed right now. The mech is gonna drive it this weekend and make sure that it runs right... I should get it back next week after he flushes it again. Thanks guys on the all of the advice! Didn't know that about interstate... I've always had pretty good luck out of them, lol. Optima, not so much! Thanks so much y'all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.