IDP Tunes messed up - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2011, 02:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
IDP Tunes messed up

I purchased 3 custom tunes for my 2007 F350.They were supposed to be setup for the mods in my sig. And my Tow tune request was for a 10k 5th wheel that is towed 1-2 times per month somewhere here in Florida. I have had my tech contact IDP(Eric) and left a message for a call back and we have heard nothing. The problem is in all 3 custom tunes there are excessive turbo farts every time you get off the go pedal. I have already had the truck to the dealership for a blown top turbo hose, which was replaced. Then still getting farts so they replaced the unison ring. Problem I see is if I return the truck to stock, all problems go away.But the truck drives like a stock truck. I have not driven that way since purchase 5 years ago, Really sucks. Anyone else having these same issues? Especially with IDP. I would hope that customer service has not failed us. Please post any ideas. Thanks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2011, 03:55 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
did they clean the turbo when they put the new unison ring in? might be a big part of the problem if they didnt. also might be the tunes. ive heard of IDP not calling or emailing people back before thats why i went with Matt at gearhead he will always email or call you back. until i know if the turbo was cleaned i cant totally blame the tunes because mine does that also on TSD tunes but i know its because my turbo needs to be cleaned im just to lazy to do it right now
Old 11-09-2011, 04:12 PM

It is usually easier to get ahold of Eric through email in my own personal experience. I think it may be in the tuning. Have you ran any other custom tunes before. I would just email Eric and see what he says. He should fix them for you no problem.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

We'll take care of any issues, send us an email with the tunes and Eric will take a look. Tuning is what we do all day, everyday, so we'll definitely help you figure out the issue.

Thanks!
Old 11-09-2011, 05:33 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to 2003kingranch
thats like my x street tune from them. i not even drive-able. the shifting is beyond horrible. so bad that i was worrying about my trans
Old 11-09-2011, 05:35 PM

Did you ever resend for a revision or get into contact with them about that issue?
Old 11-09-2011, 05:40 PM

no they seem to think my trucks messed up. ill ran it for a few hundred miles. i went to stomp on it to pass someone it downshifted, made a lot of smoke and didn't go anywhere. the trans will just slip. that was the last time it was ran. not bashing idp. their a great company. there's just something wrong with my tuning
Old 11-09-2011, 06:23 PM

i beleive my tunes are also not right, only put down 372 on the dyno made three runs all very consistant. I have a pmax studs xrace all deletes, should be around around 430 from what they said. i wanted to try vivians tunes i have on the dyno but i wasted my runs trying to figure to what was up with idp's. its also very hard to ghet ahold of eric. i must say though there trans tuning is amazing on my truck, pulls like crazy and dont slip...but hey every trucks differnt.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:30 PM

have you ever ran tunes from matt? x race has tc locked in all gears unlike x street. that might be why it shifts better. those numbers do seem low
Old 11-09-2011, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kTm520 View Post
i beleive my tunes are also not right, only put down 372 on the dyno made three runs all very consistant. I have a pmax studs xrace all deletes, should be around around 430 from what they said. i wanted to try vivians tunes i have on the dyno but i wasted my runs trying to figure to what was up with idp's. its also very hard to ghet ahold of eric. i must say though there trans tuning is amazing on my truck, pulls like crazy and dont slip...but hey every trucks differnt.
Damn your truck is sick. What kind of wheels are those. May want to check out tunes from TSD too. Getting great reviews and I got some and they are amazing. Tons of power and trans shifting is spot on
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.