Compression Ignition Addict
Join Date: Oct 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well it's about that time to start ordering parts
I have been planning on doing head studs for a while now but haven't pulled the trigger because If im going to go as far as Pulling the heads off I feel that I should just take it a little further. I'm short on knowledge on the 6.0 so PLEASE point something out if I am Heading the wrong direction. I don't have HP/torque goals just time. Here's the build that I have put together, I need you guys input on this.
1. Arp head studs
2. OEM Head Gaskets
3. Heads pressure checked and milled. 150k < should I do a valve job?
4. Air Dog II
5. Warren 190cc Injectors w/ new crush washers and o-rings
6. All necessary Gaskets
7. Coolant filter
8. Regulated return and fuel line from the air dog
9. 03 Turbo
10. 175 shot of nos. or what would you guys recommend?? idk never messed with it.
11. >Port and polish? Cam? < worth it? ik springs but does cam require new push rods?
12. 4" Turbo back < is 5" necessary?
13. water pump impeller < is it necessary?
14. What do I do about the tranny, I don't know jack about trannys but I have a buddy who can build it for me but idk what parts or kit I will need.
Also If I'm going as far as pulling the tranny and half the engine, with 150k should I go ahead and hone the cylinders, new rings, and bearings in the short block?
06' 6.0 cc/sb lariat FX42000 GT Modded Modular
Leveled 2" on 295's
Last edited by _Hammer; 11-05-2011 at 10:32 PM.