Anybody using SCT iTSX? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2011, 02:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anybody using SCT iTSX?

Was talking to Innovated Diesel today, and instead of going with the SCT Livewire they recommended ISTX to hook to my IPOD Touch. Wondering if anybody running it with custom tunes?

Also have a double din DVD player set up for IPhone apps, be cool if I could display my gauges on there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2011, 02:58 PM
Premium Member

Havent used it but have one coming to mess with. IMO its going to have the sam complaints as the TSX. Battery life(now gonna be killing my phone), Bluetooth which can be speratic, and other little quirks. IMO a designated data monitor is the way to go. The Edge Insight CTS is the best one on the market IMO.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yeah I hear ya... I got an IPOD Touch so it shouldn't effect anything but me listening to my playlist through my radio. I'm looking into getting a little usb hub to plug into the radio and seeing if my radio will pick up my Ipod through it. If that works, I'll plug my Mac in to see if the IPOD and Mac recognize each other. Which would lead me to believe that I could plug in ITSX, IPOD and my radio and utilize all three without have to replug and plug everything. If any of that makes senses.

However it will be a week or two before I can get the ITSX. Waiting on UPS to send me shipping order to return the Edge Evolution Tuner I bought before reading and asking on here. However, Innovation Diesel guys said the Turner itself will work just as well as the X3 and livewire and all the custom tunes will load and work prefect.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Premium Member

Yea should work fine for programing just didnt think it would be great for data monitoring. Would be cool if you could make it communicate with your in dash radio though!!
Old 11-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The last I heard, the iTSX is only able to do canned tunes at the moment. Unless they released the custom programming since then.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:13 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Here's a thread from last month, Ken@SCT starts his reply/answers on post#48.
SCT iTSX for iPhone, iTouch, IPad. Coming soon!
Old 11-04-2011, 06:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

yeah I didn't see that post earlier, thanks.
From what I was told over the phone, he believes they have 3 to 4 customs for it. Economy, Tow, Street and I think he said smoke, but don't hold me to the last one. He did say they would be able email updates directly out to a iphone. In my case they would just email me the update and I just plug my IPOD into my computer. If you have IPhone the download is free off the APP store if you want to mess around with it. Probably want to turn on your WiFi for it.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Little off subject:
If I ended up going with the X3 and I'm on budget for the next 3 months or so, what would be set good gauges to install without breaking the bank?
Already know i'm going to have to buy EGT probe with what every I order. I like the idea of Ipod and all but in long run would be cheaper to with X3 and gauges? Or just go with the livewire that has a display?
Old 11-04-2011, 06:56 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Cheap and easy would be a ScangaugeII, EGT gauge, and Fuel Psi gauge.

The scangaugeII runs about $160 and will monitor everything the PCM reads. The PCM won't read EGT or fuel psi because there is no sensor inputs for the PCM to read.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

SCT ITSX

Just got the iTSX in and am currently tyin it out on my 2007 SD 6.0 Crew 4X4. The tunes that I see are as follows. Street, Pefomance, 65 Tow & 50 Tow.. I would like to know the HP/TRQ output on the Street & Performance tunes and I have not tryed any cust tunes yet..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.