SCT Tunes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2011, 08:04 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SCT Tunes

New to forum, used to mess around with muscle cars, and 5.0 mustangs. First diesel I have owned so not familiar with them, but decided to stick with FORD a 2004 f250 ext. cab 6.0. I have been doing alot reading and researching about them. Have done most of common upgrades, EGR delete, fuel reg. spring, banjos, FICM upgrades, studs, 4" exhaust and SCT tuner. FICM upgrade by me and all mechanicals. First custom tunes from MKM(ecom,tow,street) ran good, than I heard about Matt from gearheads and eric from innovative. I decided to use Matt and pickup the SRL extreme no comparison. So far this tune is bad to the bone, great shift, respond, and power. It will lite off the 37's with stock gears at will, on highway passing speeds are like a hopped up 5.0. Hit the pedal and watch cars disappear in mirror.Once I recover from buying truck and all the upgrades cost, I plan to go fuel system, turbo, intercooler. After that get it dyno'ed to see what I have in spring. Thanks to all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2011, 08:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Gotta love the posts from the newly tuned sct guys, I was there 3 weeks ago, the sct really give you a seat of the pants feel to the power it draws out.

Looks like your headed down the right track on your build, hope you get what you want out of the truck. Remember do your research, plan it out, and only build it once. Lol

Kind of like a measure twice cut once kinda concept.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:58 PM
Premium Member

i like BubbaJ's idea just do it right the first time much easier and cheaper
Old 11-01-2011, 09:05 PM

Hey guys I have wierd thing happening....I think it might be my alignment is going out or something, but now that I have my SCT with Erics tunes my back tires are wearing out waaay faster than my front ones. Weird huh?
Old 11-01-2011, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiadreamin View Post
Hey guys I have wierd thing happening....I think it might be my alignment is going out or something, but now that I have my SCT with Erics tunes my back tires are wearing out waaay faster than my front ones. Weird huh?
You thinks problem is bad??? I've got a serious problem.... I think 3 of my tires are made of steel... And my back right one is plastic, cause it sure is wearing fast...

I think I'm gonna have to rotate my tires every 500 miles unless I chill out, lol
Old 11-01-2011, 09:33 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
How do you think I feel!LOL!
Old 11-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Hey guys, i'm lovin the SCT as well. I got the 450hp tune through RCD. Ive got the 8" Fabtech lift in the garage and just ichin to slap it on. My question to you guys is if I should go from 3:73 to a 4:10 gears when I put the 38's on? Its a 2008 F250 crewcab w/ a short bed. DPF, DOC, EGR deletes, and AFE stage 2 CAI. Any advice would be appreciated. Semper Fi
Old 11-02-2011, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0331usmc View Post
Hey guys, i'm lovin the SCT as well. I got the 450hp tune through RCD. Ive got the 8" Fabtech lift in the garage and just ichin to slap it on. My question to you guys is if I should go from 3:73 to a 4:10 gears when I put the 38's on? Its a 2008 F250 crewcab w/ a short bed. DPF, DOC, EGR deletes, and AFE stage 2 CAI. Any advice would be appreciated. Semper Fi
Is this tune on a 6.0 or 6.4? I would be careful running that tune or add some line pressure with the the SCT. They may have changed their tuning but I developed a shift flare with my RCD tunes.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpowerstroke View Post
New to forum, used to mess around with muscle cars, and 5.0 mustangs. First diesel I have owned so not familiar with them, but decided to stick with FORD a 2004 f250 ext. cab 6.0. I have been doing alot reading and researching about them. Have done most of common upgrades, EGR delete, fuel reg. spring, banjos, FICM upgrades, studs, 4" exhaust and SCT tuner. FICM upgrade by me and all mechanicals. First custom tunes from MKM(ecom,tow,street) ran good, than I heard about Matt from gearheads and eric from innovative. I decided to use Matt and pickup the SRL extreme no comparison. So far this tune is bad to the bone, great shift, respond, and power. It will lite off the 37's with stock gears at will, on highway passing speeds are like a hopped up 5.0. Hit the pedal and watch cars disappear in mirror.Once I recover from buying truck and all the upgrades cost, I plan to go fuel system, turbo, intercooler. After that get it dyno'ed to see what I have in spring. Thanks to all.
What kind of boost and EGT's are you seeing with SRL extreme?
Old 11-02-2011, 06:49 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilpooh View Post
How do you think I feel!LOL!
6.0 goofin off! - YouTube
I wanna see more!!! Thats freikin awesome Now all you need in line locks and you could go thru a set of tires in no time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.