Airdog II/Fuel Bowl Delete - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2011, 08:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Airdog II/Fuel Bowl Delete

Correct me if I am wrong but if you have a Airdog II and the OEM fuel bowl and FPR then your fuel is still being regulated by the FPR and not the regulator on the airdog, correct? Is there a way to delete the fuel bowl and OEM FPR so that the airdog is controlling everything?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2011, 08:58 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Yes, All you would need is to pull the lines off of the front of the heads and disconnect them from the filter bowl. Also remove the fuel supply and return lines that are connected to the filter bowl and remove the lines from the fuel pump. Then run a new supply line with a y that splits to go to the head, then on the back of the motor connect a line to each head and run those into a y and have the single line from that y go back to the tank. Fuel filter bowl is now gone.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by windrunner408 View Post
Yes, All you would need is to pull the lines off of the front of the heads and disconnect them from the filter bowl. Also remove the fuel supply and return lines that are connected to the filter bowl and remove the lines from the fuel pump. Then run a new supply line with a y that splits to go to the head, then on the back of the motor connect a line to each head and run those into a y and have the single line from that y go back to the tank. Fuel filter bowl is now gone.
You forgot to tie in the return line from the ADII. Tying the ports on the back of the heads to a Y and returning to the tank as above would result in an unregulated system where the fuel would just run through the heads and back to the tank in a big loop. I doubt the truck would run this way.

Supply from ADII to a Y to the head port banjos. Block off the front of the ADII loop hardline that goes to the fuel bowl. This would allow you to take the fuel bowl out of the engine bay altogether as I have done.

If you just want to eliminate the oem FPR from the picture so you can just have the ADII FPR regulate the system the simplest way is to take a coke can and cut yourself a disk the size of the return line fitting on the factory FPR. Put that disk in the return line and reattach the return line to to FPR. That's it. No more oem FPR function.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:54 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
You forgot to tie in the return line from the ADII. Tying the ports on the back of the heads to a Y and returning to the tank as above would result in an unregulated system where the fuel would just run through the heads and back to the tank in a big loop. I doubt the truck would run this way.
Yea I forgot the tie in of the air/fuel return line on the airdog to the return from the motor.

I know that it is an unregulated return at the motor with what I described but was I thinking he could rely on the FPR on the Airdog for controlling the fuel pressure.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrunner408 View Post
Yea I forgot the tie in of the air/fuel return line on the airdog to the return from the motor.

I know that it is an unregulated return at the motor with what I described but was I thinking he could rely on the FPR on the Airdog for controlling the fuel pressure.
You can use the ADII to regulate the system. The thing is you have to dead head the system at the engine and only allow the return from the ADII. If you just tie a return from the engine to the ADII return you are bypassing the regulator and just allowing the fuel to flow unrestricted in a big loop.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:38 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Oh yea duh. My bad. I get it now. Yes he would have to dead head the fuel at the heads.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:55 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post

Supply from ADII to a Y to the head port banjos. Block off the front of the ADII loop hardline that goes to the fuel bowl. This would allow you to take the fuel bowl out of the engine bay altogether as I have done.

If you just want to eliminate the oem FPR from the picture so you can just have the ADII FPR regulate the system the simplest way is to take a coke can and cut yourself a disk the size of the return line fitting on the factory FPR. Put that disk in the return line and reattach the return line to to FPR. That's it. No more oem FPR function.
Which line is the factory return line that gets the coke can disk? If I do this can I also remove the fuel filter?
Old 10-20-2012, 08:42 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
yes you can.. i blocked the return line on mine and removed the stock filter along with the little poppet thingy...
Old 10-20-2012, 07:48 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto2four View Post
Which line is the factory return line that gets the coke can disk? If I do this can I also remove the fuel filter?
This line.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Old 10-20-2012, 10:03 PM

You people are brave taking off all the factory stuff if you are just running an airdog 2 I have to have my back up plan my pumps only last a month if I am lucky then I pull over and reconnect the factory stuff and it will maintain pressure cruising to get me home
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.