Used SCT questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2011, 05:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Used SCT questions

I found a guy locally selling a used SCT tuner. I'm still trying to learn about all this stuff. Can you guys help me a little. Does it matter that it was used on a truck already? Will it work on mine? He also said it has 3 custom tunes from Innovative. What is this thing worth? What would you pay for it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2011, 07:04 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by briancox51 View Post
I found a guy locally selling a used SCT tuner. I'm still trying to learn about all this stuff. Can you guys help me a little. Does it matter that it was used on a truck already? Will it work on mine? He also said it has 3 custom tunes from Innovative. What is this thing worth? What would you pay for it?
Here is a link for you to read.
What to look for when buying used SCT for 6.0

Be very careful, just because he already has custom tunes on it, don't mean it's gonna work on your truck.
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/sct...s-answers.html

Now with that being said, price would also depend on which model SCT. A used Livewire or TSX will cost more than a used X2,X3,or SF3.

On most of the Ford forums you can pick up a used X2,X3,SF3 for $200-$260. With the custom tunes included on the programer, IMO don't mean squat, you take a chance of locking out your truck and will need have your truck towed to a dealer for a reflash, this will cost the price of the tow and $150 for the reflash. So you can tell the guy that the tunes are worthless to you or anybody else, unless you or him know that the tunes will absolutely work in your truck, I wouldn't chance it.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:55 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Just wanna add, try to low ball him on the price. Tell him the custom tune might not work on your truck.

Even if the custom tunes are compatable on your truck, he is gonna have to either e-mail you the tunes he has stored on his PC, or he will have to load the tunes onto a flashdrive for you, this way you will be able to save them on your PC just in case you decide to put different custom tunes on the device. The reason for this is, you won't be able to pull the tunes off of the SCT to put onto your PC.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks for the input. I'll try to lowball him. His asking price seems a lil high. I'll see what he says. Otherwise I'll most likely be buying new
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.