Saveing stock file on a SCT X3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2011, 04:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Saveing stock file on a SCT X3

I just got my X3 but I don't see anywhere in the menu to obtain stock file. Do you have to first go to program vehicle and then it starts saving stock info or is there something I'm missing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2011, 05:51 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Here you go.

FOR THE FORD X3 3000, SF3 3015, GM SF3 3100, LIVEWIRE 9600, 9621, 9623, and 9625: INSTALL THE SOFTWARE

* With the Tuner unplugged we need to install the SCT Device Updater Software.
(Software found on the dowloads section of the tech support page)
* Let it install in the default location, clicking next, next, next until you get to Finish. You should see a New Icon on your desktop for the SCT Device Updater Software.

INSTALL THE DRIVERS

* Once installed, Plug in the Tuner and wait for the Found New Hardware Wizard to Pop Up.
* It may ask you "Can Windows connect to Windows Update to Search for Software?" If it does, click "No, Not at this Time" and press Next.
* At the Next Window, Select "Install Software Automatically (Recommended)" and click Next. Windows will search and Install the drivers for your device, Click Finish to Finish the Driver Installation.
* NOTE: If a Found New Hardware Wizard did not pop up, and you get an error in the next step, go to the section for Installing Drivers Manually.

SAVING A COPY OF YOUR STOCK FILE

* Now that the drivers are installed, open the X3/Livewire Updater software. There will be a new Icon on your desktop. (Yellow, Orange and White.)
* Once opened, click on the button labeled: "GET STOCK FILE" this will open the window asking where to save your stock file.
* Browse to the location of your choice.
* This will save your files as Stock.lbu and Flash.lbu
* The current format of the file WILL NOT load back onto the tuner as is. If a situation arises where you need to use this stock file, you will need to contact SCT Tech Support to assist you.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks for this man. Only thing is I still I don't have a clear answer to my question. I'm wondering if when I go to load a new tune onto my truck if the X3 itself will pull the stock file. Cause I'm looking in the menu and there's no where that says read stock file it just say to program vehicle. So if I go to program vehicle and go to add the tune will it pull my stock file?
Old 10-30-2011, 06:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by louidoui View Post
Thanks for this man. Only thing is I still I don't have a clear answer to my question. I'm wondering if when I go to load a new tune onto my truck if the X3 itself will pull the stock file. Cause I'm looking in the menu and there's no where that says read stock file it just say to program vehicle. So if I go to program vehicle and go to add the tune will it pull my stock file?
when you load the tune to your truck it will upload your stock file then put the tune into your truck, when you have the tune on your truck take the the x3 and plug in into the pc and i think you have downloaded the software already.. go to get stock file and click on that and tell where to save it and it will save it for you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.