Snow stage 2 installed today! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 70 Old 10-29-2011, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Snow stage 2 installed today!

Hey guys-I've had this kit for 3 years now sitting on the shelf. FINALLY got around to installing it. I bought a 2 gallon rectangular tank (came with a 3 qt tank!) and built my own level sensor. Took a couple hours, but I am more than happy with the results. EGT's are down considerably. Before I had to let off with my extreme street tune after around 10-15 seconds, but now I can lay into her ALL DAY LONG. It runs that much cooler. Max EGT I saw with the juice flowing was 1312 after 45 seconds of WOT up a hill. Smoke is reduced, power is up. I have to fine tune the pump pressure, as well as the activation psi, but for now it works. If anyone is on the fence about this mod, ponder no more. Definitely money well spent. I'll post some install pictures tomorrow-I mounted the 2 gallon tank in the bed, then used Nylon 1/4" OD tubing to go from the tank to the pump. From there I used the hig pressure tubing supplied with the kit. I was a bit worried mounting the pump so far away from the tank would cause issues, but after priming the pump, she flows like a charm. I drilled the intake elbow at the 9 o'clock position (if you are looking down on it) and adjusted the nozzle depth until it filled the entire intake. Very clean looking install, and runs great. I don't see why the 2 nozzle upgrade would ever be needed unless you are running methanol for power.

Pics will be uploaded tomorrow! Be happy to answer any questions!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Lariat CCSB F-350 SRW
300,000 miles and going strong

Exterior
12" fabtech lift with 40" Xterrain's on M/T classic locks, Adjustable track bar, Bilstein 7100 reservoir shocks

Performance
Edge juice/attitude CTS, SCT with ID tunes, Snow meth. injection, Diamond eye 4" exhaust, 03 turbo, ARP studs, Sinister coolant filter

Interior
2010 stone seats/console, pioneer avic d3 with backup camera/bluetooth

Misc.
Viair 450c compressor, dual 2.5 gallon tanks, air horns rated @115db
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 70 Old 10-29-2011, 06:19 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
so what kind of fluid are running in it? Windshield washer fluid? Boost Juice? etc.

Nate
2006 F350 (BACKYARDIGAN) - 67mm Turbo, 215/85 injectors, WPE intake manifold, NB/Warren Trans, and more stuff that I don't care to mention....
2006 F250 (LITTLE DURTY) - WPE Manifold, Up-pipes, EGR delete kit, and Tuned By ME
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BULLET PROOF DIESEL 1-888-967-6653
KC TUROS - Not just a modified Powermax...

WINDRUNNER PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING

post #3 of 70 Old 10-29-2011, 06:24 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
subscribed .

2000 DRW CC 7.3
Exterior: 08 Exterior Clone, 22.5's
Engine Mods: GTP38R WW2, 5 inch exhaust,T500, 6637, TW tunes,DI Up pipes, 6.7 fuel pump fuel system.
Trans Mods: 6.0 trans cooler, JW Valve body,Billet triple disc converter.
Sound Mods: 7" flip out tv, 3-way speakers all around, 12" sub, 500 watt amp.
Misc:dieselsite coolant filter, max ac assist, BRV, IHD,gauges, CCV

Next up power rear window
post #4 of 70 Old 10-29-2011, 06:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to Lowdown89 Send a message via Yahoo to Lowdown89
I love my kit, the egt drops and extra power are addicting lol

Jason, But you can call me Sir!!!

2001 F-350 CC Dually~Built and tuned by PHP~572/1161ft lbs fuel only~few LEDs here and there

GOPOWERHUNGRY.COM
post #5 of 70 Old 10-29-2011, 07:30 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
in for the photos.

After i figure out why my truck hates me and fix it and get a job, thats one of the first things im getting

-Jason

--I shoot a Nikon D300. I carry a Smith & Wesson. I race a 1997 BMW E36. I wrench with Snap-On.
I Boost a 6.0Powerstroke
--

--I donít Fail; I succeed at finding what doesnít work--

--Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you--

--If you can leave rubber from the apex to the braking zone, you have enough power--

--2004 F250 Crew Cab Short Bed FX4--1997 BMW 328is--
post #6 of 70 Old 10-29-2011, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The reason for 2 nozzles is better atomization. Running 2 smaller nozzles that = the same amount as your bigger single atomizes the water/meth better. I have a dual nozzle setup for my 11.7:1 compression Cobra motor.

Got questions about your 6.0?

Still runninng Ford Gold Coolant?

post #7 of 70 Old 10-29-2011, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

I'm running plain ole' 2 dollar per gallon washer fluid right now-lol-dollar general baby!

I guess the multiple nozzles makes sense in that respect.

She runs much better. Right now it's coming on at 15psi, I want to turn it up to 20, and increase pump pressure a bit.

Exterior
12" fabtech lift with 40" Xterrain's on M/T classic locks, Adjustable track bar, Bilstein 7100 reservoir shocks

Performance
Edge juice/attitude CTS, SCT with ID tunes, Snow meth. injection, Diamond eye 4" exhaust, 03 turbo, ARP studs, Sinister coolant filter

Interior

Misc.
post #8 of 70 Old 10-29-2011, 09:22 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I run two 625 nozzle's with a 150psi pump turned all the way up, have it set to come on at 13psi boost and full on at 23psi.

Use to mix my own W/M, but price of methanol went up over the years, and really isn't worth the headache. Now I use washer fluid, much cheaper.

I went with a 7qt tank mounted in the engine bay, and relocated the vacuum reservoir on the frame rail.

2004 F350 CC DRW King Ranch
X-3 tunes by DJ'S,QT,GH,ID. Gryphon FICM tunes, ARP studs,Stage 1turbo,ATS coolant recirc lines,Swamp's 48v ficm,coolant filter,AD2,Snow Perf stage II,EGR delete,4" turbo back straight pipe,S&Bintake,Quad "A" pillar autometer gauges,Suncoast Tri Disk Conv.,Billet input shaft,Suncoast superduty rebuild kit,Trans-go shift kit,Mag-Hytec trans pan,CFM+ elbow,ccv mod,15K reese 5er,17" LCD TV/DVD,Cobra 29 Nitewatch CB
post #9 of 70 Old 10-29-2011, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

My install came out very nice-My pump is mounted right behind (to the side) the passenger battery. The relay and grounds are right above the vacuum reservoir, and my tank (2 gallon rectangular) is mounted in the bed, directly above the wheel well on the passenger side (the space above the wheel opening is wasted anyway). It works well. I got the 220psi upgrade when I bought my kit, going to turn it up a bit more.

My main concern with it coming on at 12psi is that I'll go through fluid very quickly-but I suppose it can't hurt anything. 2 bucks a gallon isn't too bad, and in the summer I'll run half washer fluid, half distilled water if it goes too fast. The biggest holdup with installation was the tank-I couldn't see using the tiny tank included with the kit. It was just ridiculous. I'd be filling it every day. Given the fact that it was going in the bed, and space wasn't really an object, I figured go big. I wanted a nice rectangular, or square tank for aesthetics, as being in the bed it was going to be seen. After browsing ebay on and off for a few months, I finally found the perfect specimen. Cost me 14 bucks with shipping included. I mounted it with tie downs I cut (I just used the nylon braided parts and screws/washers). Figured there was less chance of them abrading the tank over time.

Honestly, I couldn't be happier. Seeing that green light come on (I mounted the LED directly below my esof 4x4 switch-the LED that came wit the kit burned out after 20 seconds of illumination, it's replacement is a very nice radioshack unit with built in resistor allowing for safe sustained 12v operation-$2.95) and watching the EGT's DROP still makes me giddy! Can't wait to tow with it.

Exterior

Performance

Interior

Misc.

Last edited by dazdillenger; 10-29-2011 at 10:11 PM.
post #10 of 70 Old 10-30-2011, 06:19 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
How come more folks dont use WM injection? If for no other reason than to tow with it. I just never really see anyone talk about it on here that much. Thanks for sharing your results.

Nate
2006 F350 (BACKYARDIGAN) - 67mm Turbo, 215/85 injectors, WPE intake manifold, NB/Warren Trans, and more stuff that I don't care to mention....
2006 F250 (LITTLE DURTY) - WPE Manifold, Up-pipes, EGR delete kit, and Tuned By ME

BULLET PROOF DIESEL 1-888-967-6653
KC TUROS - Not just a modified Powermax...

WINDRUNNER PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode