Snow stage 2 installed today! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2011, 04:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Snow stage 2 installed today!

Hey guys-I've had this kit for 3 years now sitting on the shelf. FINALLY got around to installing it. I bought a 2 gallon rectangular tank (came with a 3 qt tank!) and built my own level sensor. Took a couple hours, but I am more than happy with the results. EGT's are down considerably. Before I had to let off with my extreme street tune after around 10-15 seconds, but now I can lay into her ALL DAY LONG. It runs that much cooler. Max EGT I saw with the juice flowing was 1312 after 45 seconds of WOT up a hill. Smoke is reduced, power is up. I have to fine tune the pump pressure, as well as the activation psi, but for now it works. If anyone is on the fence about this mod, ponder no more. Definitely money well spent. I'll post some install pictures tomorrow-I mounted the 2 gallon tank in the bed, then used Nylon 1/4" OD tubing to go from the tank to the pump. From there I used the hig pressure tubing supplied with the kit. I was a bit worried mounting the pump so far away from the tank would cause issues, but after priming the pump, she flows like a charm. I drilled the intake elbow at the 9 o'clock position (if you are looking down on it) and adjusted the nozzle depth until it filled the entire intake. Very clean looking install, and runs great. I don't see why the 2 nozzle upgrade would ever be needed unless you are running methanol for power.

Pics will be uploaded tomorrow! Be happy to answer any questions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2011, 05:19 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
so what kind of fluid are running in it? Windshield washer fluid? Boost Juice? etc.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:24 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
subscribed .
Old 10-29-2011, 05:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to Lowdown89 Send a message via Yahoo to Lowdown89
I love my kit, the egt drops and extra power are addicting lol
Old 10-29-2011, 06:30 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
in for the photos.

After i figure out why my truck hates me and fix it and get a job, thats one of the first things im getting
Old 10-29-2011, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The reason for 2 nozzles is better atomization. Running 2 smaller nozzles that = the same amount as your bigger single atomizes the water/meth better. I have a dual nozzle setup for my 11.7:1 compression Cobra motor.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:52 PM

I'm running plain ole' 2 dollar per gallon washer fluid right now-lol-dollar general baby!

I guess the multiple nozzles makes sense in that respect.

She runs much better. Right now it's coming on at 15psi, I want to turn it up to 20, and increase pump pressure a bit.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:22 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I run two 625 nozzle's with a 150psi pump turned all the way up, have it set to come on at 13psi boost and full on at 23psi.

Use to mix my own W/M, but price of methanol went up over the years, and really isn't worth the headache. Now I use washer fluid, much cheaper.

I went with a 7qt tank mounted in the engine bay, and relocated the vacuum reservoir on the frame rail.

Old 10-29-2011, 09:07 PM

My install came out very nice-My pump is mounted right behind (to the side) the passenger battery. The relay and grounds are right above the vacuum reservoir, and my tank (2 gallon rectangular) is mounted in the bed, directly above the wheel well on the passenger side (the space above the wheel opening is wasted anyway). It works well. I got the 220psi upgrade when I bought my kit, going to turn it up a bit more.

My main concern with it coming on at 12psi is that I'll go through fluid very quickly-but I suppose it can't hurt anything. 2 bucks a gallon isn't too bad, and in the summer I'll run half washer fluid, half distilled water if it goes too fast. The biggest holdup with installation was the tank-I couldn't see using the tiny tank included with the kit. It was just ridiculous. I'd be filling it every day. Given the fact that it was going in the bed, and space wasn't really an object, I figured go big. I wanted a nice rectangular, or square tank for aesthetics, as being in the bed it was going to be seen. After browsing ebay on and off for a few months, I finally found the perfect specimen. Cost me 14 bucks with shipping included. I mounted it with tie downs I cut (I just used the nylon braided parts and screws/washers). Figured there was less chance of them abrading the tank over time.

Honestly, I couldn't be happier. Seeing that green light come on (I mounted the LED directly below my esof 4x4 switch-the LED that came wit the kit burned out after 20 seconds of illumination, it's replacement is a very nice radioshack unit with built in resistor allowing for safe sustained 12v operation-$2.95) and watching the EGT's DROP still makes me giddy! Can't wait to tow with it.

Last edited by dazdillenger; 10-29-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:19 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

How come more folks dont use WM injection? If for no other reason than to tow with it. I just never really see anyone talk about it on here that much. Thanks for sharing your results.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.