TSD tunes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2011, 11:30 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
TSD tunes

Man does this tune from Truck Source Diesel run hard. Shifts are perfect and aggressive. Nice and firm. Torque converter lockup is perfect and he has it locking up in in 3rd. It locks in third at a certain throttle position and other than that it drives like stock in normal driving conditions. Power is another story. By far the most powerful tune I have ran. It is more powerful than my SRL and my RCD race tune. I also have a aggressive street tune from Innovative. I know that it is not a race tune but my TSD tune has a lot more power. Tune runs pretty cool too. EGT's only get to about 1300 degrees which I think is pretty cool and then they drop off from there. 700 degrees with cruise on going 70. Boosts 30-31 on hard accel and boosts at 34-35 on a hard pull in OD to 90mph. Chris is an awesome fellow to deal with also.

Forgot to mention this was the Super Panty Dropper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2011, 12:15 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Im glad someone else on here has posted up about these guys..

I just recently last week got my SCT from Chris at TSD.. im not running the super panty dropper, just their mild panty dropper... and all I can say is HOLY SH!T... Im running quicker than my buddy in a smaller 04 PSD with Innovative's Extreme Street..

And He is a great guy, and like you said, normal driving, the transmission shifts great, feels like there isn't even a tuner... then when you stomp on it.. MAN she opens up and gets going good.. Although im not seeing the boost you are, im boosting to maybe 22-24..IDK if thats because im not on super since im not studded...

Anyways.. Definitely great guys to deal with over at TSD.. I will probably be having them do my EGR/Studs/ Power MAx/ Injectors..all at once.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:26 PM

I am not studded either. I bet you are boosting more than that. You can't go by what the insight says because that boost reading is just like the factory and they fool that I believe so I bet you are boosting about 27-28 psi. I could be wrong though. If I was from Texas they would be definitely getting my business that is for sure. With my truck I do not even have to stomp on it. The sweet spot is right about half pedal I feel like and I am moving.
Old 10-29-2011, 01:44 PM

How's the smoke compare to Matt and Erics tunes
Old 10-29-2011, 02:20 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
How much are their tunes? I was thinking of starting out trying either IDs xstreet/race or Matt's sRL+ but if these guys are cheaper, I may try them out.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:50 PM

sunscribed, once my 25 day lold live wire gets back from SCT because I thinks she is a lemon out of the box.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'm thinking about giving them a try as well. Glad you are happy with your tune.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:57 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That's what I had a buddy tell me that they fool the computer so it doesn't de-fuel...

And to the guy who asked on price, it was 100 for the tuning when I bought my sct from them, but he did tell me they will re-tune for free as I mod the truck.

PvtGreen, I think you will be more than happy with them if you get tunes from him.

The smoke is pretty decent for me, I'm running the mild not the super panty dropper. And when I'm just takin off if I stomp on it, she will smoke good, same with if I roll into it at say 40, it'll smoke and get to 80 pretty damn quick.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:24 AM

yea smoke wise it is more comparable to the SRL from Matt. It may even be my most powerful tune with the least amount of smoke. I am very happy with this tune that is for sure. The tune is downright scary power wise actually. Power is unstand and you just start hauling. I know 33's arent that big but it very hard to keep them from spinning threw the gears.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:30 AM

Windrunner: Tune prices are all about the same from TSD, Gearheads, and Innovative. Best thing to do is pm them and ask them questions about their tunes. If you are looking for the best price on a custom tune go with a total diesel performance tune(Tony Wildman) or Quick Tricks. I do not know about these tunes performance wise but I have heard good things. I have ran TSD, Gearheads and Innovative tunes though and they are awesome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.